[PATHFINDER] Paranormal Protection Agency (OOC)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Re: IC Post -

Well done, MD! Well done, gh! I can see I'm going to be struggling mightily to keep up with the RP on this one - me likes!

grufflehead

First Post
I'm pretty new to this pbp lark. In fact, this is only my 2nd game, and the first has a very, shall we say, 'relaxed' posting schedule :D So don't hesitate to jump in if I'm overstepping anywhere!

And now as it's about 2AM and change, time for one last post and then bed.

Edit:make that 3AM!

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Wow, great start! But I'm still not quite done with Korva... Arrgghh! I'll try to get the mechanics done as quickly as I can.

As for background, this is what I have skittering around in my head...

Korva, in an unusual bout of rebellion, flees her clanhold to avoid marriage to a dwarf 250 years her senior. She ends up in the city where two halflings seem to befriend her. True intent is to rob the rube of all her wealth. The main problem is that Korva doesn't actually have any wealth. They do, however, discover that she has a rather unconventional set of skills (or maybe just a talent at the thiefly skills). So Korva becomes an honorary member of the Halfling Benevolence Association and ends up helping the two halflings perform burglaries. She isn't exactly comfortable with this (probably being NG at this time) but they are her first friends in the city. This goes on for some time and the three become close friends, especially Korva and Pyoter Padfoot.

Unfortunately, on a job Korva either neglects something considered her responsibility or manages to bump Pyoter causing him to fall from a fairly high ledge to his death. She goes into mourning but refuses to accept that that is what it is because dwarves just don't become infatuated with halflings; it just doesn't happen. The other halfling can't stand being around her anymore and takes off. She eventually comes to the conclusion that her lack of discipline is what caused Pyoter's death and so she turns back to the lawful nature of her people. But she's lost that inherent view of goodness because of the event (now being LN). A few years pass (gaining levels in monk) and she has a visitation from Pyoter's shade. No sense of hostility from it but it certainly unnerves her. She gets visits from the shade rather periodically until she decides she needs to figure out what is up. She seeks someone out to help her and ends up gaining training as a shadowdancer. Eventually finding their mindset somewhat at intolerable odds from hers she takes her leave. Pyoter starts following her around on a fairly constant basis but at least now she can talk to him. He's changed in death and Korva finds him a bit unsettling. At another junction point in her life she discovers a certain flyer...

Shayuri

First Post
Bahahah

It's funny sometimes how backgrounds make characters...

...and sometimes characters make backgrounds. I wasn't sure what kind of character Shard was until I wrote her...and now I wuv her already. :)

Dragonwriter

First Post
MD, how do you want to handle rolls for this game?

I'm probably going to want a Knowledge (religion) check on spectres, having to do with the paper Velastri's reading to help Helena, and just wanted to know how you wanted it done.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OnlytheStrong:

I saw in your spell selection you took Light x4. In Pathfinder, Cantrips (and Orisons) are usable at will, so one Light cantrip will do you for the entire evening ;).

grufflehead

First Post
Just noticed the XP bumps from Mowgli and M-D. Thanks guys - I'm not sure what they do but nice to get a thumbs of from other people in the game.

I'm sending some back to M-D for running the game, suggest everyone else does the same as thanks for taking the time.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just noticed the XP bumps from Mowgli and M-D. Thanks guys - I'm not sure what they do but nice to get a thumbs of from other people in the game.

I'm sending some back to M-D for running the game, suggest everyone else does the same as thanks for taking the time.

Excellent idea!

grufflehead

First Post
Found a picture for Helena. I imagined her a little older, but it's the right sort of thing (with apologies to the original artist!).

Victorian_Lady_by_naimh_ellen.jpg

Remove ads