• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder][Recruiting] The Mud Sorcerers Tomb

Walking Dad

First Post
Re-reading the new polymorph rules.

Can you use the appendages of an elemental to cast spells?
You can use the clawed paws of a dragon to do it.

I think you can cast in this forms without problem:

Humanoids (Alter Self)
Dragon (used as example! ; Form of the Dragon)
Some Plant / Treant (Plant Shape)
Giant (Giant Form)

Edit:
Will you use the optional 'Limiting Enhancements' rule from p 81 PFRPG?

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Can you use the appendages of an elemental to cast spells?
You can use the clawed paws of a dragon to do it.
I'd imagine an air and water elemental might have problems with components as they don't exactly have solid hands. However, they are outsiders and sheer force of will applied to kinetic control would help them to use components properly, so I'm going to say yes.

I think you can cast in this forms without problem:

Humanodis (Alter Self)
Dragon (used as example! ; Form of the Dragon)
Some Plant / Treant (Plant Shape)
Giant (Giant Form)
yes, yes, yes and yes.

Will you use the optional 'Limiting Enhancements' rule from p 81 PFRPG?
Gad, no.

Walking Dad

First Post
Hm, perhaps I chane to human conjurer:

Of chelaxian blood, graduate of the Acadamae and bearer of a varisian conjurer's tatoo.

Decisions, decisions...

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael, AC 16 (T11, FF14), HP ?, F +6,R+6,W+9
[sblock=Bael Tarnath, Chelaxian Conjurer]
Code:
Name: Bael Tarnath
Class: Wizard 14
Race: Human (Chelaxian)
Size: Medium
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Deity: Asmodeus

Str: 14 +2 (6p.)        Level: 14       XP: ?
Dex: 14 +2 (6p.)        BAB: +7         HP: 136
Con: 14 +2 (6p.)        CMB: +9         Dmg Red: -
Int: 22 +6 (13p.)       Speed: 30'      Spell Res: -
Wis: 10 +0 (2p.)        Init: +2        Spell Save: -
Cha: 11 +0 (3p.)        ACP: -0         Spell Fail: -

Human Bonus and ability increases to int

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +4    +0    +2    +0    +0    +1    17   
Touch: 12              Flatfooted: 14

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      4    +2          +6
Ref:                       4    +2          +6       
Will:                      9    +0          +9

Languages: Common, infernal, abyssal, draconic

Abilities:
Arcane Bond (Ring)
Bonus Feats
Cantrips
School Powers

Feats:
Weapon Training: WP (?)
H: Eschew Materials
W1: Scribe Scroll
1: Acadamae Graduate
3: Spell Focus (Conjuration)
W5: 
5: Varisian Tatoo
7: Augment Summoning
9: Toughness
W10:
11: Dodge
13: Defensive Combat Training

Skill Points: 3x2=6 [B][I]Pending[/I][/B]
Skills                   Base  Mod  Misc  Class   Total
*Knowledge (Religion)      2    +0          +3   +5
*Spellcraft                2    +0          +3   +5
Survival                   2    +3          +0   +5
Perception                 0    +3          +0   +3
Stealth                    0    +1    -2    +0   -1

Spells:
0 – Detect Magic, 

Equipment:
[sblock]

Rings:
Ring (Arcane Focus):
Wizardry II: 20.000
Deflection+4 : 16.000
Resistance to energy (Fire, cold, acid, sonic, electricity) 5: 10.000

Ring: ?

Body:
Robe of the Archmagi: 37.500

Throat:
Amulet
of inviolate form: 5.500 (69)
Natural Armor+4: 16.000

Face:
Artificer Monocle: 750 (MIC 72)

Arms:

Feet:

Hands:

Shoulders:

Torso:

Head:

Waist:

Enhancers: Int and Constitution (Perhaps other physical for polymorph)

Permanet Spells (with 'Permanency')
Darkvision 5.000
Tongues 7.500
Comprehend Languages 2.500
Read Magic 2.500
Arcane Sight 7.500
See Invisibility 5.000

[/sblock]
                            Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:                58    116   175  350   875

Height: 5'4"
Weight: ?lb
Eyes: Grey
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cheliax]
Cheliax_small.jpg
CHELIAX
Infernal Empire
Asmodeus himself smiles upon our endeavor and we shall not rest until the entire world trembles before Him.
—Paracountess Zarta Dralneen
When Aroden died, some say the soul of Cheliax perished with him. The once mighty empire tore itself apart, and only through the power of three noble Houses, each steeped in deviltry, was order restored. The empire runs on the backs of fiends now, a perfect machine of hellfire and blood, where morality surrenders to the needs of law and order. It's easy to curse Cheliax as a nation of devil-lovers, but few can argue with the results of their fiend-binding craft. House Thrune, the greatest of its diabolic noble families, has brought the empire under control once more. Cheliax rises like a dark star, as strong as ever, despite the recent losses of Galt and Andoran to rebellious forces.
Asmodeus proves as powerful a divine patron as Aroden ever did, shepherding his people toward glory and dominance of the Inner Sea. His plans reach eons into the future, and the minor setbacks of yesterday are all factored into the cost of doing a devil's business. The Chelish always plan for a long campaign, and never trifle over today's skirmishes. In the end all will burn in hellfire. It is only a matter of time and calculated conquest.
The pale-skinned Chelish believe themelves superior to all other peoples. Their compact with great devils gives them power beyond measure, and no other nation of the Inner Sea can compete with their summoners and warlocks when it comes to trafficking with dark forces. These devils require payment for their service, often offered up in the form of tender flesh and boiled blood. Slaves are an important resource of the Chelish as are artifacts of ancient power whose secrets are revealed to them by their timeless patrons. Even as Andoran revels in its newfound freedom, the tendrils of Cheliax's empire continue to expand. Arcadia lays open before them and Sargava is ready to fall under their hellish sway. The Inner Sea will fall with the rest as soon as Absalom rests firmly in the bloodied hands of House Thrune.

Goals: Hell on Golarion
The Chelish plan to spread the dark influence of Asmodeus across the face of Golarion. They bring order to chaos, quell the troublesome concepts of freedom and self-determination, and leave broken souls eager to accept the bondage of slavery in their wake. The world must come to terms with the order of things. Mortals serve at the knee of greater powers. The devils of the Nine Hells are Golarion's natural overlords and if the rabble gathered along the coast of the Inner Sea can't be made to understand this simple fact, then they will be purged in a torrent of fire.

Methodology: The Kiss and the Lash
A true corrupter can convince a man to hand over his soul, a blissful smile on his face.
—Paracountess Zarta Dralneen
The Chelish are masters of seduction as well as pain. They bring their enemies to heel with promises of aid, riches, and glory, but keep them in line with cruel lashes and hellfire. The Chelish faction wins others to its dark cause with temptation. Lust, power, riches, vanity, the Chelish offer all, and cater to the sinful nature in every man to bring him low. If a foe cannot be seduced, he must instead be scourged. Many missions of the Chelish faction involve tempting upright people into darkness and vice, and then threatening to expose their sins unless they aid the empire as dutiful agents. The tricks of devils have claimed men's souls since time immemorial and they serve the Chelish well in their quest for control of Absalom.

Chelish Pathfinders
Since House Thrune rose to prominence, reclaiming the past glories of Cheliax and re-establishing their footholds across the world has been their primary goal. Chelish armies amass in the ruthless homeland, and their agents push far and wide seeking to expand the diabolic empire's influence. Chelish culture is widely popular, and their fashions show up in most nations across Avistan and Garund. House Thrune places a high priority on discovering the relics of the past and controlling the revelation and interpretation of historical finds. The noble houses of Cheliax encourage the populace and even their own scions to join the Pathfinder Society and seek treasures of ancient power to bolster the empire.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
(I didn't want to add a question to my character post)

About starting gold:

PF starting gold (it is on p. 123)?

It would be 185,000 at level 14

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i won't be able to play a character in this thread, but i will be following the story. I run a pathfinder game irl and would like to see somone elses methods. we have been running them for a month or so now. good luck to the victums players! i poromise to keep the kabitzing to minimal ... hopefully....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads