• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker IC continued.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Brondelleon. smiles as he gives his complements to the chef, "I believe this is the best roast pork I have ever had." His smile broadens at pixie being referred to the group's personal 'criminal'.

At the mention of radishes he asks, "Wild or from cultivated stock. The wild radishes have a much more strong of a flavor, If I recall correctly. And can you refresh me about these mites and the stole idol? I can understand the side of the sootscales for such an infraction."

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Pixie snorts at the suggestion that they form an alliance with the kobolds. Bunch a rodents they are, but I'm not gonna waste time tryin' to convince these ones again...

Scott DeWar

Disreguard this post "Again . . . . . .? What happened the first time? I must have missed that day."

OOC: forgetfulness: Its those "herbs" that druids take for their rituals, ya know :D

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
We came upon 4 kobolds in a field stuffed full of radishes. We jumped them but broke off the attack when we realized they were farmers. They told us about Mites that had stolen their idol.
[/SBLOCK]

Liam puts down his utensil with a frown. "Kobolds? Cowardly, underground lurking monsters? The stories we've heard growing up says they're an evil race. Do we truly want to build a nation with such as our allies? And what of these Mites? Are they some sort of bug? Are we sure we should be working against them, whatever they are?"

"Plus, he adds after a moments thought. why would they help us after we attacked them?"

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Rolled low for Knowledge Nature on kobolds or Mites.
[/SBLOCK]

Scott DeWar

OOC
[SBLOCK]
We came upon 4 kobolds in a field stuffed full of radishes. We jumped them but broke off the attack when we realized they were farmers. They told us about Mites that had stolen their idol.
[/SBLOCK]
And what of these Mites? Are they some sort of bug?

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Rolled low for Knowledge Nature on kobolds or Mites.
[/SBLOCK]
The druid looks to pixie at the mention of bugs, thinks twice and shuts his mouth
knowledge nature: 1d20+8=9
OOC: i rolled a 1pfffft

"Lizards against bedbugs, eh."
[Sblock=ooc]were the kobolds stuffed with radishes, or the field? :D [/Sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: The text from Pixie was just in her head. I think the convention is fairly common here that if a player posts something in italics without quotes it is happening in their head. Pixie just snorted and declined to say what she was thinking.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote shrugs and says, "We'll need trading partners for the people who settle here once we pacify the region. Besides, the few humans we know are mostly our enemies and likely outnumber us and our non-combatant allies. If the other races believe they can negotiate with you, then we might have a chance to build relationships built around a detente of sorts. However, if you start a cleansing of all sentient beings that do not appear human enough, we may find ourselves surrounded by enemies fighting with vicious savagery for their very survival. And desperate creatures fight desperately indeed."

Shayuri

First Post
Kyria nods. "And if we get their idol back, that'll hopefully help them overlook our little...scuffle. As for their trustworthiness...from our point of view, their value to us is mostly that they have what they need to quarry stone and mine ore right now. For us to get what they have, it would take time and manpower. We don't have much manpower, and we may not have a lot of time. Fortifications mean we'll need stone though. Weapons and armor need iron. If the kobolds are getting those things for us, we can focus our efforts on training soldiers, and blacksmiths, and on building things."

"Then, once the Stag Lord is taken care of, we'll have more flexibility. We can re-examine our arrangement with the kobolds, and if they've been untrustworthy or 'evil,' then we can discontinue it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's no risks here. I'm just saying...it's a short cut. And we may need short cuts if we're going to get through this."

Scott DeWar

"And I agree with Kyria"

[SBLOCK=Kaodi]
thanks for this!
OOC: The text from Pixie was just in her head. I think the convention is fairly common here that if a player posts something in italics without quotes it is happening in their head. Pixie just snorted and declined to say what she was thinking.
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Very well, we can give them a chance to prove themselves. It wouldn't be the first time we've offered someone a chance to do the right thing. We can try to make contact in the morning. There is still the matter of the prisoner to attend to. His crimes of banditry require a just punishment. We've spoken of second chances already; Pixie has proven herself trustworthy. What say you all, does this man live or die in the morning?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads