• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker IC continued.

Shayuri

First Post
"Luring him out won't be a huge problem," Kyria opines, giving Pixie a dark look. "We resist. If we resist long enough, make enough trouble, and challenge his authority and power, he'll have to come for us personally to save face."

"That, or we'll have enough time to build a force sufficient to take his fort. Those'll be his options, and you'll notice neither one is good. All we have to do is survive, and keep inserting thorns into his paws."

She pauses, then amends, "Hooves. Whatever."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Pixie, Kyria has a good idea, if we do not deal with this trouble now, we will have to deal with the bandits he will trouble us with.
. . .
. . .
. . .
bug"

Scotley

Hero
Oleg interrupts your discussions to tell you that Svetlana has some dinner ready for you. She serves roast pork and potatoes with a dark bread and tea or wine.

OOC: There is a lot to explore in the Greenway. You know that there is a tribe of Kobolds, the Sootscales, and their enemies the Mites. Or you could just explore and see what you find.

Kaodi

Hero
Pixie had not realized how hungry she was until the delicious smell of roast pork tickled her senses is. She digs in with abandon, stuffing her face with enthusiasm. After a few minutes though she suddenly gets a blank look for just a moment, then she looks up timidly at Svetlana and half-whispers, "Thank you."

OOC: The Sootscales are the kobolds; the name of their tribe.

Shayuri

First Post
As the group heads in for a much-needed repast, Kyria takes her usual place just behind and to the right hand of Prince Liam. Her eyes respectfully downcast, she says quietly, "I have an idea for something we might do to try to build a base of power faster than we'd be able to otherwise." Without looking up, she adds, "It will be a little...controversial."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Liam sits down and ravenously tears into the food that is served. He fills his cup to overflowing with wine and downs it before pouring another one. He compliments Svetlana on her delicious cooking once again. When Kyria speaks up he stops with his knife half raised with a skewered piece of roast. ""Speak your mind Kyria, my friends must never be afraid to speak openly to me. I trust the counsel of my companions."

Shayuri

First Post
Kyria paused for a moment at that. Companion seemed like an odd term for the situation between them, but that wasn't Liam's doing.

She nodded. Well, lets see how long that philosophy holds out, shall we?

"The Sootscale kobolds," Kyria said. "If we forge an alliance with them, it would give us access to a ready force of experienced and capable miners. They could provide stone and ores at a fraction of the time and manpower it would take us to establish our own...and it would avoid potentially messy territorial disputes as well. We already know what they need. All we have to do is get the ability to provide it."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote considers Pixie and her condition for a moment, trying to read her thoughts. After awhile he gives up and joins the conversation. "I agree with Kyria. We need to find those we might be able to work with. The kobolds have an enemy that has taken something from them. We should investigate the Mites some more, and if they pose a larger threat to us we can side with the kobolds to return their stolen idol to them in exchange for some aid. If they prove unworthy of our trust, we can always hunt them down and destroy them later. At least our own criminal could busy herself with a task she'd find enjoyable."

Shayuri

First Post
"The situation with the Mites, and the idol...that will bring them to the table," Kyria agrees. "And convince them we can be trusted. But I think to get long-term trade, we need to have a commodity."

She gives Rhote a smile.

"As I understand it, human civilization has long mastered the art of growing radishes, yes?"

Remove ads