• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker IC continued.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The Prince sheaths his sword seeing that the shaman has been finished off and that the remaining kobolds seem to be in a celebratory mood. He listens to the translation and his ears perk up at the mention of a feast.
"They know we don't eat their grubs, or entrails, or whatever else it is that they eat right? We will expect them to provide proper meals for civilized people. Wine or Liquor too, of course."

At Pixie's outburst he looks concerned but then shrugs and says "Queen of the Lizards, so be it!" and he chuckles at the imagery.

"Perhaps during the feast they can explain why they smashed the idol and killed their shaman."

Scotley

Hero
The cheiftan sets the Kobolds to work. He has had the kobolds pile all of the shaman's treasure in a heap in the eastern alcove of his den. This mound consists of a huge amount of worthless shiny objects, such as quartz and mica crystals, bits of metal, broken weapons and armor, and other garbage. You hear a couple of the Kobolds grumble because the Shaman had insisted on having all the treasure seized from the Mites brought to him for curse removal. In addition, the pile contains 7,420 cp, 2,132 sp, 302 gp, a masterwork light metal shield, seven +1 flaming crossbow bolts, a pair of boots of elvenkind, and a soiled leather bag. You gather from the Kobold's chatter that nside the bag are the treasures stolen from the mites, who stole from the bandits who stole from Oleg’s trading post. The leather bag contains 321 sp, 249 gp, 13 pp, a plain brass wedding ring set with a single pearl, and a pouch containing a single dose of dust of illusion. Finally, with a certain amount of fear they place what appears to have been the Shaman's personal journal on top of the pile.

As you examine the hoard the Kobolds go off to prepare a feast. The chief designates a couple of Kobolds including the one you rescued as your 'guides'.

OOC: In the interest of moving along I will assume that you are able to determine the nature of the magic items without undo difficulty. Sorry for the delay in posting I ended up not having internet on vacation.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The druid speaks up addressing Defender queen Pixie of Tribe Kobold, "If I recall correctly, the contents of the leather pouch might be what Oleg and his wife had stolen from them. My I entreat her majesty to allow the return of the contents?"
The halfelf druid seems deadpan serious with his title of Pixie and his request of her.
bluff to hide his mirth
bluff: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote ignores the discussions and moves to gather the shaman's journal. He flips through the pages for anything of interest. Casually, he asks one of the guides in their native tongue, "Do you mind telling me why your Chieftain dashed the idol to the ground?"

OOC: And yes, Rhote knows Draconic.

Kaodi

Hero
Pixie, the benevolent ruler that she is, has decided her people are free to worship whomever they want, and as such if they smashed some dirty old idol than that was really their personal spiritual business and thus no concern of hers. What is her concern, however, is how awesome these new boots are. She sits down on the ground and eagerly pulls off her old, worn leather boots and dons her soft and luxurious feelings new elven boots. Suddenly she pauses and looks up, "Wait, are these elven boots going to make me all touchy-feely with nature like Brony? You do not mind if I call you Brony, right?" She does not really wait for a reply.

"Anyway, yes, I will most generously part with Svetlana's wedding ring, just as I generously parted the treacherous shaman's head," shes says, puffing out her chest and speaking as haughtily as her child-like voice will allow. "As shields and crossbows are not the royal style, if any of you can make use of this shield and magic bolts you are welcome to them. And as my loyal retainers, who will totally not treat me like some seedy ex-convict anymore, you will be all be awarded a share of this newly acquired wealth," she continues, eyes sparkling and lips parted into a little smile. "Just not as big a share as me."

Shayuri

First Post
Kyria scowls as Pixie claims the boots, but not being sure how the kobolds would react to a public dispute, she instead goes to the shaman's journal and opens it up. It's likely she won't know the letters, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Scotley

Hero
The journal is written in a surprisingly neat and careful hand in Undercommon.

OOC: Any undercommon speakers or readers that is?

Remove ads