Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [IC 01]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Awesome hyperlink Mikey!

Thinking of The Puddles does not bring pleasant memories to Lerissa's thoughts. Although she feels comfortable around the sort they are likely to encounter in the district, she knows what is being asked of them will by no means be an easy chore.

"So tell us what is in this for us"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
At Lerissa's question, Pelligrew's normally affable - if somewhat frightening - expression takes a darker turn, along with a slight look of perplexion and incredulity.

"What's in it for you!? What's in it for you!? What have you been spending the last three years training for, my dear girl? You're a Pathfinder now! You have a chance to give something back to the organization that paid for all that training, and to rescue an important piece of knowledge from almost certain destruction! And isn't that just what we do?

If that's not enough, consider the fact that you've not made Venture-Captain yet - you're assigned to me, and this is the assignment I'm giving to you!

If you'd rather not BE a Pathfinder that can be arranged, though I'd be sorry to lose one of your potential and it'd be a puzzle to me why you'd have gone through the training if this isn't what you want . . ."

The huge fellow's passionate stream of words slows to a trickle and fades away as he looks bemusedly at you.

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

At Lerissa's question, Pelligrew's normally affable - if somewhat frightening - expression takes a darker turn, along with a slight look of perplexion and incredulity.

"What's in it for you!? What's in it for you!? What have you been spending the last three years training for, my dear girl? You're a Pathfinder now! You have a chance to give something back to the organization that paid for all that training, and to rescue an important piece of knowledge from almost certain destruction! And isn't that just what we do?

If that's not enough, consider the fact that you've not made Venture-Captain yet - you're assigned to me, and this is the assignment I'm giving to you!

If you'd rather not BE a Pathfinder that can be arranged, though I'd be sorry to lose one of your potential and it'd be a puzzle to me why you'd have gone through the training if this isn't what you want . . ."

The huge fellow's passionate stream of words slows to a trickle and fades away as he looks bemusedly at you.

Lerissa smiles at the big man's passion, "Forgive my poor choice of words for that is not exactly what I meant. I should have asked, what expenses will be covered, how will we pay for greasing palms to not be bothered and do you want this book back at ALL costs? 3 years of training has left me (us) living pretty tightly"

OOC - Mike, if we already know the answers to these questions, speak now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Ahhh, now I understand! You surely had me puzzled for a moment . . . Well, once Pathfinders become slightly better established, the aid you can expect from fellow Society members is more in the way of giving information themselves, or shelter and cooperation, and such like. You'll pay for such expenses as you encounter out of the, erm, items you collect in your pursuit of knowledge. For now, though, I understand your monetary situation and can help you out a little. Life is cheap in Puddles - a few silver should be more than sufficient to open such hearts and lubricate such tongues as you're likely to meet there."

Visibly relieved, Pelligrew dips sausage size fingers into his belt pouch and brings out 11 Silver Weight (OOC: Always called a 'Silver Weight', never just a 'Weight') and 4 Pennies (OOC: Copper Pieces) and tosses them negligently on the table.

grufflehead

First Post
Ignoring the money that Parnham has thrown on the table, Mustapha says to Leaf and Lerissa 'then let us be about our task, and show Master Pelligrew that his faith in us was not misplaced!'

'If we make haste, we may find Yargos - or someone who might be able to impart a little more information - at the Soggy Piper. It is approaching the hour at which one might take food after a day's work, so it would seem like an ideal time to begin the hunt'.

He rises from his chair as if going to collect his pack, then turns back to Parnham. 'One question remains unanswered, good sir. Should we be successful in locating Master Gill, how much might we instruct him that the Society will pay for his discovery?'

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"You'll have no trouble convincing Yargos to accompany you back here - he contacted the Society with word of his discovery in the hopes that he'd be given sanctuary, and a field commission as a Pathfinder. And indeed he may, if this codebook proves genuine."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And what of our fourth?" the almost always quiet Leaf asks.

[sblock=OOC] Always quiet because I had to work today while all the great RPing was going on. :( [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I'll just send him along when he shows his pretty face, shall I? Hopefully he'll get here before you're too far gone, and I can direct him to the Piper. He should be able to make his way there without too much trouble . . ."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry you missed out, Jake - we missed Leaf as well![/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa smiles at the big man's passion, "Forgive my poor choice of words for that is not exactly what I meant. I should have asked, what expenses will be covered, how will we pay for greasing palms to not be bothered and do you want this book back at ALL costs? 3 years of training has left me (us) living pretty tightly"

OOC - Mike, if we already know the answers to these questions, speak now.

"You have yet to answer... is this a "by all means possible" sort of mission?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Wow, getting a little demanding there Mikey? :lol: Sorry, missed that part of your post.[/sblock]

"I'd not like to see Yargos hurt - the book is his, after all and we're not out to steal it. There's not much law in Puddles, and even what's there is corrupt; but there are good, hard working people there. It won't hurt the Pathfinders any to be seen as the good guys if the opportunity arises, and it surely won't help our cause if we're running amok. But the book is a very important aquisition for us."

Remove ads