• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [IC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Yep - he got a good one! Jake, I've got a good pic of a Goliath I might could do something with for you. It may require too much/too complicated an editing job to get the pose right for a trident and to get the leaf pattern on him, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Everyone ready to move on? All the RPing done for now?[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Still wary of the group's differences (especially the seemingly righteous ones), Lerissa bends down from her seated position and retreives her pack. In a fluid motion, she stands and slides her arms throgh the pack's straps. Without a word she begins to move to the door but stops short when in the glass of the bar's back she sees the others, still saying their farewells, are not yet following. As she waits, the smallest of smiles seems to appear as she thinks to her self. At least we all seem to be misfits in one way or another.

Rhun

First Post
"Everyone scurrying through the streets, trying to get their errands done so they can get in from the wet," says Abraxis in response to the goliath's question. "I had to pull an old woman from the path of an out of control horse-cart. She was quite shaken, so I walked her home. Hence, my lateness."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
. . . fade in . . .

The memory of your gathering at the Pinnace fades as a fresh deluge of cold seawater rounds a bend in the lane and assaults your knees. Your boots squish with fetid water as you plod through the Puddles. The rain has stopped, but a thick fog hangs in the air, seeming almost to caress the flesh with an unnatural chill. Having found the Soggy Piper without too much trouble, you stand outside in a foot and a half of brackish brine.

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis frowns. Although untroubled by the cold, he was annoyed by the wet. Whatever celestial blood coursed through his body provided him protection from all but the very coldest weather. However, it did little to keep the water from flowing over the top of his knee-high black leather boots when he would step in a particularly deep puddle. He had missed most of the meeting at the Pinnace, but his companions had given him the gist of the mission they had been assigned with.

Abraxis eyes the entry to the Soggy Piper with his glittering golden eyes. "So, is this where we are to find Yargos Gill?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Prehaps," Leaf says adjusting his boots that are draped over his shoulder. The goliath had gone to the Puddles barefooted, and although the light rain was getting his boots wet, at least he wasn't sloshing along. "This is where he likes to spend his time, so he will be here or we will find information on where to find him."

Rhun

First Post
"Well, then...I don't see any reason to wait around in the rain." Abraxis slaps Leaf on the shoulder, reaching up well above his own head to do so. Then the celestial walks forward, and pushes through the door of the place.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You enter the shabby pub to find a sullen lad desultorily sweeping broken crockery off the floor as an older man rights a table. The look up as you enter, then do a very obvious double take as the . . . unusual quality . . . of your party sinks in. Even in Absalom, where the rare is seen most every day, your group stands out.

Quickly finishing his task, the man approaches you as the boy stands gaping, broom all but forgotten in his hand.

"Good afternoon sirs, ma'am. Welcome to the Soggy Piper! What can I do for you? Would you like a table?"

Rhun

First Post
"A table would be most appreciated, my good man, and some mulled wine if you please" says Abraxis, eying the apparent state of disarray in the place. "Looks like you've had a bit of trouble? "

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa, smiles at the boy and approaches him. She then bends down to the broken pieces and seems to pick up something (she actually was holding a copper piece in her hand). She brings up the CP and says quietly so only the boy can hear, "You don't want to sweep this into the trash, I'm sure your father would be none to happy were you to throw away good money." She then smiles again, lips closed, and moves to the table the man is righting and will help return it to it's proper position.

Remove ads