• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [IC 01]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

OOC: If Leaf is first, then I suspect our 2 more martially inclined members should go next and I'll watch our 6.
OOC:

OOC - That marching order sounds fine to me. Mike as we near the area, are there any indications of where the cliff ends, I'm thinking I'd like Lerissa at the bottom of the cliff.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Bottom of the cliff is 35 feet down and in the ocean, so there's no practical way for Lerissa to be at the bottom. The clifftop is not accessible any other way than via the switchbacks, which are a pretty extended trail and run right along the shore. It's kind of a bottleneck just before you top out at Torsen's Maw.

You're just below the point where the switchbacks reach the widening ledge when you hear the aforementioned dialogue.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Once the voices are in range, Lerissa will begin watching closely around them so that the party is not surprised.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 17/17     AC: 00*  AC(T): 00*  AC(FF): 00*  Init: +00

* Situational Bonus

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Scimitar                +1        1d6+1       18-20/x2     
Secondary               +0        0d0         00-00/x0     
Missile                 +0        0d0         00-00/x0     

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Purify Food            * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

OOC - Mike, I just realized her stat block does not seem to be accurate. Is this something you want us to do, or do you like to update them?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC - Mike, I just realized her stat block does not seem to be accurate. Is this something you want us to do, or do you like to update them?

OOC: Either way is fine - I don't think you had equipment bought when I filled in what's there.

Edit: Got it fixed, I think.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, Let's Get It On!

As you round the final switchback, a face pops out briefly from behind the turn. It disappears as quickly as it appeared, and a voice rings out: "Company! Get 'em done!"

The Maw opens up before you, a comparatively roomy ledge in the cliff face. On your left is a sheer 35 foot drop to the pounding waves, on your right the cliff face rises another 20 or 30 feet to the top.

Occupying the ledge, two brash young toughs covered with tattoos of vicious, snarling dogs are prodding four terrified older men off the edge of a cliff into the sea as four others keep watch to the east and west. The prisoners are shackled together in a line with heavy chains, which shall surely drag them to the sea floor in short order should they tumble from the cliff’s edge into the churning waters below.

Just as the impact of the scene registers, one of the toughs kicks the first old man viciously in the small of the back, and he staggers over the edge. The others follow in very short order, but the last man just manages to grab the ledge. He won't be able to hold on for long . . .

[sblock=Combat Block]Roll Initiative!

Status
16 Leaf
15 Mustapha
15 War Hounders
* 1:
* 2:
* 3:
* 4:
* 5:
* 6:
09 Prisoners
* T: Holding on to the ledge
* Y: Dangling below T (Grasping for the Cliff)
* I: Dangling below Y (Grasping for the Cliff)
* S: Dangling below I (Grasping for the Cliff)
06 Lerissa
03 Abraxis (Mage Armor Rd01)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Torsen's Maw.jpg
    Torsen's Maw.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No!!" Leaf cries as the men are pushed over the cliffside. "You murderous vermin!" he shouts charging straight towards one of the ruffians. His massive trident ready to skrewer the villian.

[sblock=actions] I posted ready to because I'm not sure, :) . Let's give you the numbers:
init: 1d20-1=16
charge: hit,1d20+7=15 dmg,2d6+4=8

Full round: Charging WH04 so -2 to AC figured in below [/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 20/20     AC: [COLOR=red]12[/COLOR]  AC(T): [COLOR=red]9 [/COLOR]AC(FF): 13  Init: -1

Fort:             4     2     +2          
Ref:              1     2     -1          
Will:             5     2     +3            

BAB: +1       CMB:+3     CMD: 12

Trident                 +3        2d6+2          20/x2     Rng. 10', Brace
Dagger                  +3        1d6+3       19-20/x2     Rng. 10'
Net                     +0        ---              ---     Max Rng. 10', Touch Attack,Entangles
Short bow               +0        1d6            20/x3     Rng. 60' 

Spells Available:* 
0 Level          * 1st Level      
* Guidance          * Shield of Faith      
* Mending           * Cause Fear      
* Read Magic        * Obscuring Mist (D)

Special abilities:
Channel Energy(positive) 1d6  3/3
Wooden Fist  6/6
Icicle 6/6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

grufflehead

First Post
OOC: Lots of stuff to do, first time so bound to be a mistake somewhere ;)

Mustapha initiative

1d20+1=15

Mustapha quickly surveyed the scene and realised the disadvantage he and his companions were at. Swiftly he produced a small vial from inside his robes, flipped off the stopper and consumed the contents - a pale green liquid. Then he began to run.

Swerving round the thug which had been engaged by the Goliath, he began to pick up speed as he headed for the lip of the ledge. With a grunt of exertion he threw himself into the air, windmilling his arms as he went, and landed with a crunch in front of the 2 War Hounders who had thrown the prisoners over the edge.

[sblock=Actions!]
- Drink extract of Expeditious Retreat - standard action, increases land speed by 30' to 60'

- Run and jump - move action as Acrobatics (Jump) check is done as part of move (correct me if I'm wrong on that, not something I've done very often)

Running past WH04 - here's hoping Leaf has filled him full of holes, if not he gets an AoO against me - to I5. Running jump aiming to land in F5.

Total distance moved 55', total Jump distance 15'

Acrobatics DC 15 (+ any terrain or environmental modifiers) - +12 temp bonus for speed 60' (+4 for each 10' above 30')

1d20+13=20

OOC: - Hoping that's enough or I'm in for a long drop...[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 19/19     AC: 13  AC(T): 11  AC(FF): 12  Init: +01

* Situational Bonus

Fort:            +5     2     +3          
Ref:             +3     2     +1           
Will:            +4     2     +1         +1 from trait 

BAB: 00       CMB:+00     CMD: 11

Quarterstaff            +0        1d6            20/x2     
Scimitar                +0        1d6         18-20/x2     
Alchemical Bomb         +3        1d6+4          20/x2     R Touch, Splash 1 sq for 3HP
(standard action to
create and throw)

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level (-/- Daily)    * 1st Level (2/2 Daily)
      * Daze               * Cause Fear
      * Read Magic         * Sleep

Extracts Available:
    * 1st Level (1/2 Daily)
      * [COLOR=Red]Expeditious Retreat[/COLOR]
      * (Expeditious Retreat/Cure Light Wounds/Comprehend Languages/Disguise Self/Shield
        - 1 minute to prepare

Mutagen Available: (1/1 Daily) - +2 natural armour, +4 STR, -2 INT
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis Hellis

Abraxis readies his polearm and prepares for combat as he sees the toughs forcing the old men off of the cliff...

OOC: Just a FYI, but I likely will NOT be posting on weekends, so you may have to NPC my character during those time periods if we are in combat or such.

Abraxis would have cast mage armor when they first heard their quarry, bringing his AC to 16.

Initiative: 03 - due to the low initiative, I'm going to hold off posting until I see what the enemy does.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads