• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: Lord Noran's War (OOC Thread)

Yttermayn

First Post
ethandrew said:
He turns to addresses the horsemaster. Looking him up and down, Keefe sighs to himself. "Okay. Obviously you know who I am. If you don't, once I leave ask around, they'll tell you. Then you can live with the fact that you did business with me and my family at a price I will be happy over. Or you will have to deal with the fact that if your price is bad that no one in my family will ever buy a horse from you again, nor will anyone from this town. That is not a threat, it is a fact. I am not being callous, merely honest.

"We are in need of a horse. Obviously, you are the only one around. I could obviously use one of my family's, but I most of ours are being used for the war. Needless to say, the rider is an angel. Know what I mean by that? I mean wings, holy warrior, hates all things not good and pure, big complainer. So a bad horse and a bad price leaves you with an angry angel who has so much pent up rage and aggression from years of being stifflingly nice. Which in turn makes me angry. Which in turn comes back to you.

"So. We need a horse. Something fast and light, but strong. What do you have?"

Wow. :eek:
skeleton1.gif

Lynx_The_one

First Post
ethandrew said:
Keefe shrugs nonchalantly, "While that is all well and good, they, like men, are mortal, and all must die. Plus I still think she could fly. Don't see why we should give her a horse."

He turns to addresses the horsemaster. Looking him up and down, Keefe sighs to himself. "Okay. Obviously you know who I am. If you don't, once I leave ask around, they'll tell you. Then you can live with the fact that you did business with me and my family at a price I will be happy over. Or you will have to deal with the fact that if your price is bad that no one in my family will ever buy a horse from you again, nor will anyone from this town. That is not a threat, it is a fact. I am not being callous, merely honest.

"We are in need of a horse. Obviously, you are the only one around. I could obviously use one of my family's, but I most of ours are being used for the war. Needless to say, the rider is an angel. Know what I mean by that? I mean wings, holy warrior, hates all things not good and pure, big complainer. So a bad horse and a bad price leaves you with an angry angel who has so much pent up rage and aggression from years of being stifflingly nice. Which in turn makes me angry. Which in turn comes back to you.

"So. We need a horse. Something fast and light, but strong. What do you have?"

[sblock=Skills]Bluff +17, Diplomacy +12[/sblock]

That's just awesome. Great job.

blackdraco

First Post
It can be quit fun playing an evil character in a good party… especially if it’s a smart one.

By the way… cool bluff… lets hope it’s not a dumb horse salesman… :)

ethandrew

First Post
This is where I think the character is fun, because he didn't bluff there. That's him being honest and straight-forward. Where his bluff comes into play is when he's being diplomatic: ie. being polite and proper, when he needs to make it seem like he has good intentions, etc. To Keefe, the good and evil continuum is a very subjective matter. Obviously an angel will think anything less than pure is not good, whereas a demon will see anything less than vile as good.

shadowmask

First Post
Yttermayn, I have just one thing to say to you, sir...

Eeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Everything Ahote needs is in his nose?! Gross!!! :confused:

On the other hand...

If only everyone was so easily satisfied. ;)

Yttermayn

First Post
shadowmask said:
Yttermayn, I have just one thing to say to you, sir...

Eeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Everything Ahote needs is in his nose?! Gross!!! :confused:

On the other hand...

If only everyone was so easily satisfied. ;)

Hehe, Ahote is a little... off. He tends to express himself differently than "normal" people. Note that with his finger in his nose, he is pointing as accurately as possible to his brain - he couldn't really get any closer or more exact without hurting himself. He is in effect saying everything he needs is in his head. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads