Paycheck - One of the worst movies ever!

Acid_crash

First Post
Maybe I'm a minority but I liked this movie for what it was, with no major or high expectations (which is probably why I was able to like it). I didn't even know that Mr. Woo directed it, so that might have helped. And for a bunch of gamers who use their imaginations and being in a hobby that has much of the general populace see us as dumb geeks, well, to always assume that a movie with a particular actor, and to degrade the actor as much as many of you do, well, that smacks of hypocracy.

If you think that the movie sucked, then rewrite one of your own, send it in, and get it on the big screen so we can see it done better.

nick2

Explorer
I saw the movie a while ago now, and found it entertaining enough. I wouldn't say it's the best movie I've seen, but there are definitely worse movies out there. I remember that it had quite a bit of advertising done for it on tv. I did like it when they made fun of him in Southpark in the Jennifer Lopez episode, and in the other episode where Kenny takes a photo of part of himself, and Cartman gets it put on milk cartons depicting missing children.

jonathan swift

First Post
I saw this movie when it came out and I really enjoyed it. I remember it being a lot of fun of not anything necessarily special. But I'd watch it again.

XO

First Post
Standards: The Yardstick

All movies should be judged in relation to the mind-boggling production values of the eternal and incontrovertible "Treasure of the Four Crowns"...

No person on Earth should even dare comment on any other movie until they have readjusted their reality to discuss the finer points of cinematography.

In fact, it is unthinkable that ANYONE remotely connected or involved with RPGs to NOT have seen that movie.

It is undescribable. It is a unique experience. It redefines the entire Universe.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I also caught it on BBC TV earlier this week. I haven't read the original, but my gf (who is a big PKD fan) read it a while ago and said it was pretty cool. I liked the film. Not the most amazing sf film ever, but fun and with some enjoyable twists. Still looking forward to seeing Scanner Darkly...

death tribble

First Post
You think Paycheck is bad ? Ever seen Hook ?

I have watched some of the films that were in the Golden Raspberry or Turkey book and those films are bad. Plan 9 from Outer Space takes some beating as a lousy film.
And let us not forget Godzilla vs the Smog Monster.

Remove ads