• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

MerakSpielman

First Post
Uriel said:
OoC:Er, I have lost track of just how many XP I have (shrugs).
Well, I guess you'll have to start over at 1000 again... :)

A careful search of the room reaveals mostly over-frozen meat products, but in the NE corner, under perhaps a foot of ice, you see vague shapes that could be something else... was that a glint of gold? It is impossible to tell, especially since the ice is more cloudy-translucent than it is transparent.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: 1960 Sounds about right, I think... anyone have contradictory numbers?

IC: Michelle walks in and looks down at the stuff frozen under the ice, taping her foot against it and shivering. Moving her somewhat 'less-than-adequately' clothed rear out of the freezer, she shivers some more out in the hallway "Don't suppose anyone has an Ice pick? OR we could just light a fire.. Brrr"

silentspace

First Post
"Ye think that mephit was powering this place? Or is it kept cool by magic?" Xendengalis ponders. "Looks like that poor critter's been locked up here for years."

dpdx

Explorer
"This is going to sound very uncharacteristic of me, but right now, the meat is probably of more use to us than that gold. Where's those picks?"

Kerith will grab a pick, and chip off a couple pieces of meat, tossing them outside to defrost. If that doesn't thoroughly exhaust him, he'll at least chip at the gold area enough to verify what it is.

Thanee

First Post
Jemal said:
"Growing bored yet, Alexi? Or saving your magics?"

Alexi turns to Michelle and nods, smiling faintly. “Yes and no, the spell I prepared would burn our comrades, too, and that is not acceptable. Also, it seemed they didn't really need the help, so yes, I'd rather save them for another time.”

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kerith, you chip off a couple chunks of meat - the ones hanging from the ceiling are easier to get at than the ones in the walls. It's surprisingly easy with the right tools. The meat looks somewhat freezer-burned, but edible enough.

Getting to work on the "gold area," the chips and fracturing of the ice quickly totally obscure the objects. Eventually, you break into a little bubble of open space and survey a tidy pile of treasure:

150cp, 5sp, 40gp, and a set of bronze bracers, embossed with scenes of nobles with bows hunting deer from horseback.

Imerak

First Post
Foran shrugs and walks over to the treasure, thumbing through it. "We can divide the coins later...hmm...these bracers might be magic, want me to take a look?" Without waiting for a response, Foran whispers an incantation and casts detect magic.

Remove ads