• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Spellsword

First Post
Strengthened by Tycho's healing, Wulf sees his chances and goes for an all out attack.....he takes a five foot step to flank the halfling wraith and whispers:

Go back to the shadows.......

Attack 1: Roll 1: 27.
Damage: Roll 1: 11.

Attack2:Roll 1: 17.
Damage:Roll 1: 8.

Attack 3:Roll 1: 13.
Damage:Roll 1: 11.

Bacter

First Post
AAAARRRGH

In this condition all Diactum can think of is "get the hell out of here." Diactum lumps away from the wraith behind Tycho in such a way that he has the least change to be engaged by the wraith.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Wulf unfortunately hits nothing but air and incorporeality. He also is in no position to flank. Nevertheleless he manages to divert the halfling wraith's attention so that the wounded diactum can move behind the warriors.

Tycho is next.

Round 2:
Tycho - 25
Ilan - 24
Halfling Wraith - 21
Kheldev - 20
Deepwinter 7 - 18
Spellsword Wulf - 17
Diactum - 13

Attachments

• wraithbuddiesround2.jpg
    wraithbuddiesround2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

takew

First Post
Tycho makes a move towards the halfling (right and down) and attacks him twice with his flaming sword… (activating while moving) Putting all his divine power versus evil in the first attack to finish the evil creature right than and there (Smite Evil)

You gonne die clown!!

Attack 1: 7(roll) + 10(standard) + 2(bull's strength) + 1(Bardic Music) +5(Smite Evil) = AC 25
Dmg 1: 13(roll) + 6(str) + 1(magic) + 1(Bardic Music) + 2(Smite Evil) = 23 dmg (4 fire dmg)
Attack 2: 1(roll) = Miss

OOC: Bardic Music effect: allies receive a +2 morale bonus to saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls.

If the creature is still standing, Tycho yells: Anyone capable of creating daylight should do so immediately!

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
OOC: note that I'm actually in the square that Diactum is in

I take a step to my left (1 square right) and fire my arrows. Knowing it is a difficult shot and I have difficulty firing this bow, I continue only when I hit the previous one or if I don't hit another companion, since there are two who stand in front of me.

[attack 1= 3 +16+1(bs)+1(pb)+3(meta)-2(mighty)= 22]
[attack 2= 2 +16+1(bs)+1(pb)+3(meta)-2(mighty)= 21]
[attack 3= 1 = miss...1 = critical miss]

[damage 1= 5 +1(bs)+2(pb)+3(meta)= 11]
[damage 2= 1 +1(bs)+2(pb)+3(meta)= 7]

Arrows left: meta (+3)= 30 / normal= 10

OOC: used a modifier to damage that was +1 to low

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Tycho and Ilan attack the halfling wraith, and Tycho's heavy blow especially severaly damages the undead being. Ilan's first arrow passes through, but the second one strikes true. Deepwinter 7 would ahve had a new parting in his hair would he not have been bald already.

The halfling wraith lunges at Wulf twice, and hits both times. Had Wulf been at full health, he might have been able to resist the assault on his system, but now again he loses part of his vitality. (Takes 3 damage and loses 1 con). The health sucked out of Wulf seems to restore the structure of the Halfling somewhat.

Next up: Kheldev

[OOC stuff:]
Ilan said:
OOC: note that I'm actually in the square that Diactum is in
Nope, you moved diagonally up, Tycho moved diagonally down, and Diactum moved into the only space open. If you want to check it out get some graph paper and check the movements.

Tycho: standard actions cannot be taken while moving (and a 5ft step doesn't count as a movement, and a movement wouldn't have allowed you multiple attacks). In any case, I didn't see you post that you deactivated the sword, so I assumed it was still on.[/ooc]

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
Kheldev quickly changes to his knife and then back to his axe again in order to move faster as he steps towards the halfling. With skilled precision the dwarf elegantly slices his axe through the apparition, using but part of his full strength to guide his axe better. While his axe blazes through the air, the skilled warriors uses the momentum of the missed upstroke to make a slight pirouette before trusting his axe once again into the halfling while grunting "I be send'n'ya baak t'hell!

OOC: [size=small]
Att 1: 4(roll) +13(standard) +2(bull's) +1(b'song) -3(p.att) = 17
Dmg 4(roll) +9(standard) +3(bull's) +1(b'song) +3(p.att) = 20
Att 2: 14(roll) +8(standard) +2(bull's) +1(b'song) -3(p.att) = 22
Dmg 2(roll) +9(standard) +3(bull's) +1(b'song) +3(p.att) = 18[/size]

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The wraith's incorporeality seems to invalidate Kheldev's powerful second blow. The halfling wraith seems to laufh at the dwarf slightly.

Deepwinter 7 has regained his power for concentration from manifesting Emphatic Transfer and is ready to act once more.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Always willing to learn, Deepwinter 7 attempts to use the Telekinetic powers of Reldar's staff on a wraith of doubtable essence. If the power manages to grab the halfling, it is subsequently moved 5 ft into the air, disallowing the small halfling arms and weapons to hit any of his opponents.

DC16 will save

[can this work? - it's free though ;)]

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Always willing to learn, Deepwinter 7 attempts to use the Telekinetic powers of Reldar's staff on a wraith of doubtable essence. If the power manages to grab the halfling, it is subsequently moved 5 ft into the air, disallowing the small halfling arms and weapons to hit any of his opponents.

DC16 will save

[can this work? - it's free though ;)]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads