• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Sullaf

First Post
Once the wraith has appeared, Kheldev quickly grabs his axe, guard at the ready. When he hears the wraiths over for suicide Kheldev replies while charging the wraith "Gla'tha' be o'service"

OOC: If no one is going to yell right about now, Kheldev will smack the wraith over the head

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[again I started posting when Kheldev's one wasn't there]

Wait! Master Dwarf!

Deepwinter 7 yells to the dwarf.

This is a benign wraith, for he mentions the name of St. Cuthbert. Our companions are in need of restoration. We will help you Cleric, but you will be in our debt if we restore you. If everyone agrees let's set forth to where you have fallen.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The wraith is startled and moves into a tree.

"No... don't... force me... to fight... it is... hard enough... to stay in control... as it is. I will lead you... to my remains... I will make sure... we bypass... other... wraiths"

The wraith cleric of Saint Cuthbert seems very sad when he exclaims those last two words.

After Kheldev has been talked to by Tycho, and calmed down and explained why he can not attack, the wraith comes out of the tree.

He leads you towards his remains in about fortyfive minutes. During this walk he sometimes scouts ahead in to the dark fog, then comes back out of the darkness reporting the location of wraith boars and deer, which you can then avoid.

Finally you arrive at the cleric's corpse. It is at least a few years old. The wraith adresses Tycho: "Take my holy symbol... and my money pouch... and ... some of my... bones. Go find... a good natured... priest. To... resurrect me... I will then... cure you.... and equip you... for a ... journey to... the heart of... the forest... where there is... a vast stone... structure... perhaps... that is the source... of this forest's evil..."

Ilan

First Post
"We will do so quickly."

I say to Tycho and Deepwinter: "Ok, where to now?? Out of this forest?? I will lead the way if you tell me where to go."

I await an answer and if they give it, we move right away.

OOC: Rav, if one of them answers, can you then fastforward to the point when we start walking. no need to wait for three or more answers.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
"Wait! You... cannot... ressurrect me... with my... soul... tainted as it is... If you give me your word... that you will restore me... I will yield... to your attacks... I shall... try... not to retaliate..."

Ilan

First Post
"Then be ready."

While saying that I quickly aim and release an arrow.

[attack 1 = 18 + much = hit]

[damage 1 = 1 +2(pb)+3(meta) = 6]

OOC: I assume I can shoot once

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The wraith seems to resist succumbing to his evil urges given to him by his undead nature, and allows himself to be slain by Kheldev and Ilan. It takes about twelve seconds, ended quickly after Kheldev landed a massive blow.

You get out of the forest within two minutes. The sunlight is suddenly very direct and blinds you all for a few moments. You are carrying a silver holy symbol of St. Cuthbert (which has the name "Giles of Welterglade" engraved on the back, presumably the name of the priest) and the pouch, and some bones in a bag. The pouch contains a gem which seems to be sufficient for the material component for a resurrection spell, as well as somewhere around 40 gold pieces and a smattering of silver and copper pieces. As you didn't exit the forest at the spot you entered, you have to walk twenty minutes to where you left your horses.

What do you do now?

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
OOC: Thanx Rav, for fastforward

While checking if the horses are allright, I ask: "So where do we go from here?? Where can we find a cleric powerfull enough to do this job??"

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[it's such a long time... maybe a small plot summary? anyone care to make one?]

For all to hear at the edge of the forest

"Find a good cleric in the nearest settlement [?] who can resurrect the follower of St. Cuthbert. I can use some time here alone near the forest to meditate and practise my powers. I'm sure you'll do fine without me for a while...

Ilan take my crystal with you, it will tell me when you are back and it will safe you the trouble to track me, although I think that I will not be too hard to find. Be careful with the crystal, it gives me strength and willpower; don't accidently sell it to pay for the resurrection"

God speed fellowship, be fast!

Last edited:

Remove ads