• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC Lifeplanner Spreadsheet - damage/defense statistics

loisel

First Post
Thanks! I'm not sure that anyone actually is using it. :/ Is it clear how to enter data? I haven't seen anyone with an optimized char suggestion for other classes or corrections other than ranger. . .

I don't think people will necessarily use the spreadsheet (most people won't), but the charts will be useful to everyone.

By the way, you Excel-fu is stronger than mine. How do you split the spreadsheet the way you did? I tried something similar, with "panes", but obviously didn't get something as slick as you.

Splart

First Post
What did you mean by splitting the spreadsheet? Are you talking about the hide/unhide groups with the "+" and "-" on the left on the PC page, which use the Data -> Group and Outline functions, or the mappings between 10 PCs with 3 columns each to 10 PCs with 6 columns for stats and 10 PCs with 11 columns for Attack stuff, etc?

Or the Window -> Freeze Pane function to keep the PC names at the top and level at the left?

--Splart

Last edited:

loisel

First Post
Or the Window -> Freeze Pane function to keep the PC names at the top and level at the left?

That's what I was looking for.

All right, now that the SW is taken care of, can you explain to me why you have the rogue quite a bit higher than the ranger at level 1? My charts have the rogue and ranger pretty close together (and the maul fighter higher).

EDIT: I think I see what's going on. Your TS rogue is using TS before level 11, isn't he?

Last edited:

Splart

First Post
Lvl 1 rogue w/ Twin Strike?

Yes, the TS rogue uses TS from level 1. It's one of the restrictions of the design of the spreadsheet that PCs are not able to make major changes to their attack method as they go from level to level. It's possible to code it in, but it would make my information-dense spreadsheet even more unweildy.

For cases where the attack method changes, such as the TS rogue or the Stormwarden, who does better with a bow than scimitars until level 11, the workaround is to set up two chars, and then mentally combine them. That's why the Longbow Ranger uses the same stats as my Stormwarden, even though he could do better with a higher dex.

loisel

First Post
It's possible to code it in, but it would make my information-dense spreadsheet even more unweildy.

Yeah, that's probably not a good idea. But how about this suggestion? You could delete the data for that rogue for LVL1-10. So that line in the chart would start at L11, which is where it should start anyway.

Splart

First Post
Several updates.

I've corrected the crit damage formulas to take into account the ability of Rogues and Rangers to decide which attack to apply crit damage to after the die are rolled.

There was an issue with the defense attack which caused it to always use AC. This has been fixed, so our paladin/warlock using eyebite now has the benefit of attacking Will instead of AC.

The paladin had two armor specialization points, so I took one off.

I changed the Rounds per Monster chart to Monsters per 10 Rounds, so that higher is better, consistent with the other charts.

Enjoy.

Remove ads