• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pdf layout printing

snotling

Explorer
I was wondering if anyone knows how to print a pdf document in a book format.

Example, I have an 11 page pdf that goes from page 1 to 11 and I'd like to print it out, double sided and 2 pages per side. so I can staple and fold in half. it should look like a normal book when printed.

I can print pages 1 and 11, flip it over and print 2 and 10 (or is that 10 and 2..) .. insert next aper and print 3 and 9, etc.. but I was wonder if a print driver, or some other layout software can do that for me. would be nice if it can let me insert blank pages (after page 1, a cover page, so it looks more like a brochure or pamphlet.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Open "Adobe Acrobat Reader" => "File" => "Print" => "Subset" => Select "Odd pages only"

Repeat the above with "Even pages only".

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Actually, if you want to print a booklet, your printer settings need to be changed.

Print -->Properties (Top Right)-->"Layout Options" (or something similar)-->Select Booklet Printing

...and you should be off to the races.

snotling

Explorer
Thanks Wonko - Sadly, I do not have settings like that.

I am viewing the PDFs in Adobe Reader. I was thinking of trying to export the PDF to OpenOffice and seeing if I can print it out that way. but was hoping to not have to do that. I think I saw something on doing that when I was google-ing around looking for a way to print this out.

Edit - Found the setting under "Page Scaling"

Thanks!!

Last edited:

There's a very nice package called FinePrint for Windows which lets you do booklet printing and a whole lot more. Installs as a custom printer so it works with everything you print, not just PDF's.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
The booklet option in Acrobat prints two pages on a side, so that you can fold it into a booklet. Unless you have a large format printer you'll end up with a rather small booklet.

Wht version of Acrobat are you running and on what operating system?

snotling

Explorer
Cergorach - thanks for answering - I did find the setting that Wonko suggested and it worked. Sadly, I wanted a blank page between the cover page and the next page.

Chris - I'll look at fineprint and see if that does what I want.

Remove ads