• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pelgrane Press - I'm turning into a rabid fanboy

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
A year ago, I essentially had no idea who Pelgrane Press was. And now it seems I am turning into a complete Pelgrane fanboy - even sitting through Morrus's interview with Simon Rogers which I would not do for any other publisher! (And there's no criticism of the interviews expressed or implied in that statement: because of the piss-poor internet here in the Third World, watching YouTube can be an exercise in frustration.)

I've got 13th Age turning into my preferred version of D&D - and I'm even trying to work out how to get it to run Elric!/Stormbringer- and then there is the superb Night's Black Agents which is the first game in 30+ years that makes me want to run something in the modern world. (And the conspyramid idea is simply brilliant.)

Then they've got [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION]'s Gumshoe-powered time travel game, Time Watch, coming up which is the first time travel game that I have ever though, "Yeah, I want to run that." And I really have to look at Owl Hoot Trail....

OK, enough gushing for now.

Same here in Malaysia! It seems like everything I run is Pelgrane-related - Achtung! Cthulhu powered by Trail of Cthulhu, Night's Black Agents and an old D&D campaign converted over to 13th Age.

And I cannot wait for Timewatch. Great stuff all around.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Yeah, the Gumshoe games all look great, and just the sort of thing for short mini-campaigns.

This is the first time in about 30 years that I have been enthusiastic about lots of different RPGs. It's a good time for gaming! :)

Crothian

First Post
Night's Black Agents is an amazingly cool game. It really captures the spy genre of the modern day with plenty of flexibility to allow for the many variations of spy one can have. Time Watch is going to be great and I'm looking forward to that Kickstarter.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Well, you sure as hell won't hear me complaining about it. :D

I feel the same way. The first time I ran Esoterrorists at an EN World game day, I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. I left it for a year or two, coming back for Ashen Stars. I'm so glad I did. The system really sings now, and writing TimeWatch is just a joy.

EDIT: do you have a link for that interview with Morrus and Simon?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Night's Black Agents is an amazingly cool game. It really captures the spy genre of the modern day with plenty of flexibility to allow for the many variations of spy one can have. Time Watch is going to be great and I'm looking forward to that Kickstarter.

I was watching the excellent The Blacklist last night and was thinking that it might provide an interesting way to set up a Night's Black Agents campaign, with or without vampires.

And there's one of the best things about Night's Black Agents: you can run non-supernatural spy campaigns just as well with the rules.

Remove ads