• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Peregrinations of the Shard

Knight Otu

First Post
"Vanitri did mention something that the elves didn't seem to be aware of the trapdoor he found, so it might be a possibility. Did the chamber seem entirely unfrequented to you, Vanitri? If there are any signs that someone else might have entered recently, rest in the chamber would be out."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It's...odd. It didn't seem like anyone had been in there, but I know I'm not great at searching for hidden doors, and elves are particularly good at it, such that even a neophyte elven scout trained to search should have had a better chance than I did to find it."

Velmont

First Post
"And what if they know about the trap, but they have been ordered to not enter that place?" asks Rinaldo. "What if the secret that rest in that secret room is against the interest of the elven leader. It wouldn't be the first person who tries to hide a skelleton in his closet."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Not knowing what it says, I really couldn't say," Vanitri admits, "But consider--if the elves knew that the secret room was down there and that it was the important thing they were guarding, they would have guarded the room with the trapdoor a lot better--as it is, it isn't any more guarded than any other area."

Knight Otu

First Post
"That sounds like it might be a selective protective, illusionary, or suggestive effect, but I don't think I ever heard of one that would fit this particular description. Regardless, I feel it is too dangerous to rest inside. If someone wants to go in, they should be ready to get out immediately again as well." Ashnar says. She looks at Tenebrynn, and adds "If there is a defense against elves detecting the trapdoor, as strange as that seems, there might be effects that detect incursion by elves as well." She shakes her head over the strange situation that might or might not be.

Velmont

First Post
"First, we need to approach the shrine surroudning area. That will take hours form here. Then, we need to reach the point where we could dimension door inside the hidden room, that's will take a few minutes once near there, allowing us to use some spell we couldn't use up that that point. Then, we use the Dimension Door.

To get out, we can use a Clairvoyance spell to make sure it is safe outside. The trouble is still how to recha that place when we are not a anelven scouting party."

Velmont

First Post
"I know, but the ideas I have are either beyond the power of the group, like veilling our group under the appearance of a small group of deers or creating an illusion that stay here while we are travelling toward the shirne, or doesn't last long enough to reach the surrounding area of the shrine, like invisibility spells.

Maybe you have an idea I don't have. What spell can you use for the trip to the shrine, things taht last many hours? Only if the throne could have been moved, it would have been useful."
Rinaldo last comment was more for himself.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Disguise Self is sufficient to look like an elf," Elektra points out, "Though of course, not everyone can cast that. Vanitri can just hide again, though."

"Unfortunately, if we do look like an elven patrol, it still will be suspicious if they don't recognise us, so really I'm not sure that would work anyway. Still, we have three Wizards and a Cleric here, among the most talented in the world...surely we can concoct some plan?"

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, I throw an idea. It has too many flaw but maybe you have solution for it. The problem is we need to reach the shrine without being seen. More exactly, we need to reach an underground secret room... what if we approach it by the underground. Could that be possible? To summon a creature and bind it to create a tunnel that we could use to reach the shrine and come back from it?"

[SBLOCk=OOC]I was thinking about Planar Ally, Lesser, a 4th level spell, and not a simple summon monster. If we need to pay the creature, it might cost a lot, but I,m just exploring that option.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads