Pet Food Company Recalls Dog and Cat Food

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
trancejeremy said:
Initial reports were that a rat poison was in it, but apparently they were wrong. The chemical found was "melamine", which is apparently not supposed to be particularly toxic. But apparently is.

The American Veterinary Medical Association's official position is that the actual problem has not been confirmed. Melamine is the current best guess, but they don't consider it positively identified as the issue.

This is not good. No one immediately in my area has had sick animals to my knowledge but the very thought of it worries me. As an owner of two cats, a dog and soon a guinea pig I am very concerned about this. The sooner they have found the culprit the better.

The flip side is I heard US has banned anything from the chinese wheat company from entering customs now.

frankthedm

First Post
Hey folks, Just in case this slid your notices , there was a different tainted pet food fiasco making it's way back into the news...
Agamon said:
My mom's cat has been pretty sick for a while, too. She thought it was her age (19), but she's been a really spry cat for her age. Turn's out this cat food is the reason. Hopefully she pulls though, I remember getting that cat as a kid....
:uhoh: Hows she doing now?

My deepest condolences to all that have had ther pets harmed by this. Don't let this slide, stay informed and consult lawyers. What happened was unforgivable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_Foods

Last edited:

Remove ads