PF: Skin Deep

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Speaking of power gamer and while I have you here... :p

How does Rayuncio get 1d6+6 damage with a hurled scabbard??:erm: I don't know where the rules on the combat type is or how they are figured.

A little help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Its a thrown weapon and he has a strength of 20 - and sharpened it with his wetstone - so its 1d6 +5 Str +1 wetstone sharpened. Its the sharpened scabbard from the Adventurer's Armory couple with the Equipment Trick Heavy Blade Scabbard and Quickdraw feats. So it takes him two feats to achieve it.

You can find the rules HERE. I tend to think it will become a bit irrelevant at later levels - you cannot really afford to magic up your scabbards afterall and I won't be taking ranged feats, or increasing dex significantly, but its just so cool! I was making an NPCs and stumbled upon it and had to use it.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well it is a major assault indeed. You don't get that much damage from thrown items as normally a character with high strength wouldn't take a thrown weapon just a two-handed one and then charge in.

HM

jkason

First Post
Sad to see this go, but certainly understand when something as expansive as LPF catches your attention. If I remember correctly, you started this game as a 'try out' for the concept to move to LPF, anyway, so it's certainly not out of line to decide 'yup, definitely like it enough for there' and move it.

I haven't had the time to check the social group in a bit, has the plague city shown up in LPF yet? I kind of like Ciperel conceptually and thought I might make him my second LPF character, but I really like the plague city background on him. :)

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Yes Heth and all the stuff from this game has been approved. You can read a lot of the history stuff from the encounter and some of the stuff from the later adventures. Whatever else this did really help me get a feel for and write up the area.

See the wiki HERE for the full write up.

Remove ads