PF: Skin Deep

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I have to admit that the game being so slow takes alot of the wind out of my sails and dents my enthusiasm, but I'll endeavor to keep going at a slower pace. The more you guys post the quicker it will go though...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
AFg are you thinking of making this a weekly updated game?

I would set it for that maybe and just update once a week more if people post more but diffidently after a week (which it's been).

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I am really sorry about this guys, but I've been staring at these threads for ages trying to get myself to post and I just find I have lost all enthusiasm. I really do not understand it, and wish I could change it, but I just cannot seem to get my frame of mind right. If one of you would like to run I have a lot of material prepared and would be happy to send it to you, I am actually very excited about a lot of it - which makes it all the more puzzling why I am being so crap about it.

My deepest apologies to you all. :(

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Honestly I think that is partly why I am feeling odd about it, the adventures touch on some fairly significant stuff and I think they will be better off played in LPF rather than the odd limbo of this game. And obviously if we play it out here it kind of spoils it for then...

I definitely won't start up any new games outside LPF as a DM now though, I find it much more satisfying in that environment - though I struggle to articulate precisely why.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm not sure but maybe the LPF games mean a little more knowing the character will continue on? In a game where you just play and at the end it's over and you have no further chance for advancement RP and crunch wise it makes the game feel like it's missing something.

That's why I feel different running/playing living world games or an AP.

My one character Rezak is a rogue in a game and the DM told us well don't think you will lvl up again before this game is over and I felt like Oh cra- :confused: this is it?

So that might be part of it, this game has no future so the use of the material seems wasted (although a good game is never wasted), while using it in the LPF makes it feel more like it is a part of something ... grander?

Was fun and I hope to have you DM a character of mine in the future AFg (long as you don't kill 'em). :p

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Yes that sounds in the right area. I know that as a player I certainly do not like to give up a character before their story feel complete. I invest a lot in my characters so I like to think of them all as long haul - its an excuse for being a fairly unrepentant power gamer. :p

Remove ads