• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PF: Skin Deep

GlassEye

Adventurer
No, no, no going for seven in Heth, its essentially a Theocracy with everyone worshiping Xarr. I suppose that before Xarr's rise that might have been the case, but I prefer to think they worshiped an array of gods with none having a really firm foothold. I don't think the concept of the seven necessarily needs to mean every religion has a pantheon of those seven alone - to me that would be quite dull - you might have a hundred gods with several in common with neighboring nations, etc. Some gods might be almost universal, etc. I'd also imagine there are other nations which are monotheistic, etc.

Exactly the way it works in LPF. Just because there are seven divine archetypes doesn't mean each one is represented in every culture's pantheon. Some may have multiple aspects of a single archetype, some may not have all archetypes represented, and some may worship one aspect of one archetype. In fact, I would think it very rare for a pantheon to have exactly seven gods with one for each archetype.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
That's the impression I had, more interesting that way I think. Hmmm, maybe one of the nations has lots of highly localized deities, in the way that there are Hindi village gods, etc.

Walking Dad

First Post
Just had a nice character outlined, with stats and background... and now just re-read the elf proposal in LPF. Was their a vote for it? It totally messes up my background and when I have to re-do him as a human it will take some extra work mechanically and I will end with a weaker character.

I hate races which can have no background that can include childhood and education :mad:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Hmmm, I don't see why it precludes having a childhood and an education it just means that it likely took place in the Border Realm right? I can see a number of ways of having an elf raised on the material plane. Small elven colonies, elven adventurers meeting up, child of pure bred Harran elves, etc.

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks. Will post him then asap. Will choose an elven community with contacts to humans on the material plane.

And I will make a proposal for a 4e like split. More fey like elves as in the other proposal and elves now acclimated native to the material world. E'n should be big enough for both.

Padreigh

First Post
My character is basically done. I only lack a god, a background (which I will keep very simple) and the standard equipment (the special items I already listed). But since Real Life is more persisitent than I thought that will be up tomorrow and not today as planed. :(

But if the character is otherwise okay I can start posting, avoiding references to my equipment or god. :)

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Walking Dad: I agree, but I'd like to see the elven communities kept very small personally to retain the flavor.

Padreigh: Go right ahead, you will probably not want to announce your religion in any case.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Just a quick in case warning, I'll be changing ISPs tomorrow and while I don't anticipate any problems these things can get annoying fast, so if I go awol for a few days don't be alarmed - I don't anticipate this happening fyi just being cautious.

jackslate45

First Post
so why do I get the feeling my kitty might die cause of falling damage...
an animals worse nightmare: a ladder.

otherwise, I am enjoying that we are already in the thick of things.

Remove ads