PF: Skin Deep

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry, I have to bow out of this. I got to many games and have to reduce the number. Best to start with a game I not really participated.

Sorry. Happy gaming to everyone! :)

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Well sorry to hear that Walking Dad, but better to bow out now if you are over committed. *sobs* ;)

BTW if any of you, including Walking Dad, have and feedback please go right ahead and offer it up. I'm slightly worried about rail roading, etc., but am trying to balance that with throwing you into the actions quickly as a response to PBPs pace. I will be trying to offer more choices as the game progresses, though I am always a little wary of anything that will cause a big debate in PBP, simply because they can take a week of play - or more - to resolve. Please let me know when something works or does not work for you and I'll try to find a balance that suits us all.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I actually PMed him to play out the Haunt, in character you should be confused by it. Haunts are a pathfinder invention - well actually they began in Paizos Rise of the Runelords, I think - essentially they are like ghost traps. You can check them out HERE, although the one used is actually an adaption of one from Rise of the Runelords rather than created using the creation guidelines the linked page provides.

jkason

First Post
Apologies. I could have sworn I posted already, but apparently that was an apparition, too. ;)

I think the only thing I'd suggest, and this is just a matter of preference, is that you might want to make use of labelled sblocks rather than PMs for directed information? [ sblock = character only ] [ / sblock ] (without the spaces) on either side of text will hide and label the information. Yes, technically anyone can read it, but it's probably similar to playing a RL game, where it's easier to just trust players to keep character knowledge vs. player knowledge in mind rather than having to drag people out of the room all the time to pass on specific information.

It also helps when it's information someone's character is likely to pass on to the party. If they're in a time crunch, they can just say "X tells everyone what he learns (read the sblock above)" or something similar.

It's not impacting my enjoyment, but since ya asked, figured I'd let ya in on what's seemed to be SOP for most of the games I've played in here. Since you can then do all your updating in the same thread rather than navigating to the PM interface, it might be a bit of a time-saver for you, too.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
My only problem with that is that I know I will invariably read any sblock, any I strongly suspect I'm not the only one.

With haunts specifically half the fun of them is that those that only effect a single character are bizarre and there is often a way for characters outside to effect them that would be far easier to determine if those outside were to.

I would really prefer some kind of private tag, but there does not seem to be one... I believe I will start placing Knowledge checks, etc., in such sblocks though as they are generally speaking quickly shared with the party in any case - like jkason says. I don't want to start speaking for characters though.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Need images from those who have not provided them to knock up map avatars please folks. If you can't find anything suitable, or would just prefer a letter, etc., let me know.

jkason

First Post
The head / face on this are probably pretty close for Ciperel:

Young_Warrior_by_aautio.jpg

Remove ads