• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS 2-15: Shades of Ice I - Written in Blood

vl.arandur

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Never in such a way as would affect gameplay, of course. :3[/sblock]

"I can truthfully say," replies Etain evenly, "that, insofar as there existed a point in the fight where you said 'Get out of the way', I understood you at that point."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Lien wrinkles her nose at Etain's comment and says "Are you trying to say I never said what I said? Of course I said get out of the way, and what do you guys do, you stay in the way. Why I had half a mind to blast you with fire along with these thugs. Would have served you guys right for not listening to me afterall. Oh well whats done is done and we cannot go back in time to change things now." all the while Lien continues to attempt to staunch the lead thug's bleeding.

OOC: Just so you know, I am making it so Lien doesn't realize she can only understand / speak Ignan during combat. So you guys are going to kind of have to bring it to her attention >.<

Last edited:

PeteZero

First Post
Farouq turns to Lien, "then speak in a way we can understand you, alright? It won't help if you bubble along in an unknown language." Turning to the prisoner, "so, what do we do with them? Can't leave them, can't kill them, wonderful," he adds with sarcasm.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Wait, I spoke in another language? Are you sure? What did I say in this supposed other language? I don't recall speaking in another language. Though I do recall you lot speaking in a bunch of gibberish during the battle, surprised the heck out of me that you could communicate in random nonsense words, but whatever. So what did I say when speaking in this alleged unknown language?" Lien says genuinely curious now, completely abandoning her attempts to heal the dying man instead looking at Farouq with keen intensity in her eyes.

vl.arandur

First Post
Etain's nostril's flare as she hears Farouq's tactical blunder... but she masks her consternation and smiles in what she hopes is a sly manner as she turns to him. "I don't know who ever said we couldn't kill them, Farouq..."

[sblock=OOC]Farouq, I reckon you have to make a Sense Motive check in order to receive the hidden message of "You idiot, you never tell the prisoner that we're not going to kill them; that way we have no leverage". GM sets the DC; I don't know what it would be. :3[/sblock]

mkb152

Explorer
The thug, hearing the wordplay about possibly killing him, preempts you: "I don't know anything. We were just promised gold to kill you!" as he backs away a few steps.

The boss thug, who was barely alive, bleeds out after one round of ineffectual bandaging. As Etain determines that the boss is dead, she finds two notes. Additionally, you all find 3 potions scattered amongst the dead thugs.

[sblock=Note1]For the sum of 50 gold crowns, you and your mercenaries are to watch Rognval d Skagni’s residence on the edge of town for two months. Ignore looters or petty thieves—instead watch for Pathfinders, and if you see them, kill them. Any in your crew who can prove to me they dealt the killing blow on those murderous demons earns a 100 gold crown bonus.
Hjort Fastaxe
[/sblock]

[sblock=Note 2]Do as Hjort instructed, but do one thing more for me: capture at least one Pathfinder, preferably an expedition leader. Bring him or her to me separately, and I will reward you an additional 100 gold crowns.
Runa White
[/sblock]

GM: PCs can feel free to discuss your current and next actions as a party. Note that it is nearing nightfall and it's pretty cold. Once you guys decide what you are going to do, I'll chime in.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Wowzers, no one bothered to tell me I was the expedition leader. Yet somehow these good fellows knew I was the expedition leader. That certainly is impressive. I mean usually you tell the expedition leader that they are the expedition leader don't you? I mean that only makes logical sense doesn't it?" Lien begins babbling as she reads the note about capturing the expedition leader more or less oblivious to the cold in her nice warm furs.

PeteZero

First Post
Farouq shrugs, "seems like there is more behind it. Maybe strip them of their clothes, bind them, and leave them. Another option. Or they open up." With this he draws a dagger, walks over to the last one, and says, "alright, clothes off."

with guidance:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
as Farouq advances on the last remaining bandit with his dagger drawn she rushes forward and places herself between Farouq and the bandit arms thrown wide and says "You big stupid oaf, its enough that he is our prisoner. I will not allow you to murder him in cold blood. The men we killed prior to this were threatening to kill you lot, and take me prisoner, this man has been subdued and is no longer a threat it will do no good to leave him to die a slow and painful death because of some stupid vendetta against him. I would wager that this man would even possibly be able to lead us to at least one of the two people that are mentioned in those notes if we leave him alive."

OOC: Okay she may be unwise, but she isn't stupid. And yes, she can be more serious than she had been up till now.

Remove ads