• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS 2-15: Shades of Ice I - Written in Blood

DalkonCledwin

First Post
without turning her back on Farouq Lien looks over her shoulder only slightly and says "You, um, whatever your name is, do you know either Hjort Fastaxe or Runa White and where to find either of them? Answer quick, your life may depend on it."

vl.arandur

First Post
Etain holds her smile and speaks up, in a soothing tone, for the benefit of the thug: "Lien, you're wasting time, dear. He's already said he doesn't know anything; let's just bleed him and go."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Am I the only one that see's an alignment conflict with Etain's most recent statement? Killing the helpless is most definitely NOT a good action, even if that helpless individual did just recently try to kill her.

vl.arandur

First Post
[sblock=OOC]First of all, let me state that I very much appreciate playing with a group where such attention to detail is paid: I have played in groups who wouldn't think twice about a blatant alignment subversion. So thank you; I honestly do appreciate you pointing out your qualm.

That said, Etain is bluffing. I did, in fact, make a Bluff skill check above. Etain would not kill an unarmed captive, even if said thug had previously been attacking her. However, she has no problem letting the thug think she's willing to kill him; I see this as in accordance with the Chaotic half of her alignment. If our GM disagrees, of course, I will rescind my comment.[/sblock]

mkb152

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
GM: I don't think words usually have much to do with alignment on the good/evil axis, unless you are a paladin. Actions are another story.
[/sblock]

Thug: "I swear I don't know who you are talking about!" <points at dead boss> "He hired me for what was supposed to be an easy job. I don't know anything else!"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Lien glances at Farouq and then back at the thug scrutinizing them both carefully and analyzing the thug's words to the best of her limited ability. but she gets distracted by a shiny object on the ground and fails to get the gist of what the thug was saying.

vl.arandur

First Post
"Well, that's a shame. Guess we'll be doing a public service, though: one less thug for hire idiotic enough to take a job without details." Etain fixes her eyes angrily on the foe, fingering the pommel of her rapier.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Lien shrugs "look, even if he doesn't know anything, it would be wrong to kill a defenseless individual even if he did try to kill you all and take me captive. I mean that would make us no better than him. Thus I propose we try to find someone sympathetic to the Pathfinders in this town, who can keep an eye on the thug so that we can go about our business without having to worry about this thug escaping to come back and haunt us at a later date." Lien preaches, still not apparently getting the subtle under tone of the conversation as Etain and Farouq seem to be trying to direct it.

Remove ads