• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #30: Cassomir's Locker

vl.arandur

First Post
"I agree." She scans the street in front of her, her face expressionless. "Reckon we ought to work together; that way it halves our burden, and we can both take credit. No special treatment for the one who actually provides the proof. I don't want to have to fight you for it."

Evrand laughs a little at Kayleigh's last comment. "Ah well, you wouldn't have any need for that; what's important is it gets done. But with two of us working at it, it should be that much simpler. Also as far as the other part of his request--we may need to collaborate for certain there--make sure our fellow Pathfinders don't get too carried away before any captive we find could be let go." He continues to speak in a voice audible only to Kayleigh, knowing full well that faction business is not to be aired in general Pathfinder company.

vl.arandur

First Post
Even the voicing of the word "captives" makes Kayleigh a bit nervous, and she glances back at the Lodge entrance before continuing. "Absolutely. I agree with what our Captain said regarding 'the rights of all creatures'. I, myself, was once in a similar position..." At that moment she stiffens, catching a hint of movement in the Lodge as her companions exited, and glances at Evrand to signal that the conversation is over for now.

Following the fighting woman's gaze, Evrand sees her gesture as well as the others emerging from the lodge. As they approach, he says in his naturally gregarious tone, "So, let's get this expedition underway, shall we?" So saying, he turns toward the sewers and whatever mayhem awaits them there.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil groans inwardly on hearing Pavanna's haughty tone and her list of supplies. Once he receives his portion, he makes a quick stop to pick up a sack and places the extra supplies into it.

Bright lady, this should be fun! Gratitude, mistress, for tempering my soul with your fires that I might withstand this test. Well, I'll go along with her for now . . . and so long as her instructions don't work against my own, for the entire mission I suppose. Best to keep a low profile until I have to assert myself on Your behalf.

Slinging the sack over his shoulder, he quietly nods his readiness to proceed.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Throughout the conversation, Miryam stayed silent. She merely took in the happenings, took possession of the items given to her, and headed out with everyone else.

Clad in her niqab, she remained the perfect picture of demure and subtle radiance.

17843828_801f400365.jpg

Miryam

[sblock=photo credit]
Photo by mnadi.
[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Venture-Captain Themis resumes pacing behind her desk, her attention still on the gathered Pathfinders. "It is good to see such readiness from you, it bodes well for the retrieval of this artifact."

"Good travels." she adds as the remaining Pathfinders leave the lodge.

Using the map Venture-Captain Themis provided you are easily able to weave your way through the streets of Cassomir and locate the sewer grate. Taking a little time to position landmarks you are confident you have found the correct sewer grate to access the sewers below.

It takes some effort, but you are able to slide the grate off the opening, revealing a very dark cistern of sorts below. The stench of the sewer seems slightly stronger with the grate removed, the air moving more freely upwards.

Allowing your eyes to adjust to the darkness below you can make out murky puddles dotting the tile floor some 20 feet below, which gently slopes towards the room's center where some puddles are very slowly draining into a large, 10-foot-by-10-foot drain. Thick sticky webs cover most of the corners of the room, and several large vermin appear to be caught in the webs. The sound of running water can be heard to the north.

[sblock=OOC]

The chamber below from your vantage point appears to be approximately 30' by 30', the grate opens in the southeast corner of the chamber. The floor is about 20' below the street entrance. The room is dimly lit with the grate cover open, you suspect it would be dark if the grate is closed or if there was not daylight out.

The room as shown from above is in the map spoiler below. The dotted outline in the lower right corner shows the outlines of the grate you are at - up above the chamber still at the street level.

[sblock=Updated Map]
sewers.png

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

vl.arandur

First Post
Kayleigh sighs softly and starts unpacking her rope. What is the point of a hole in the ground without a ladder to climb down it, she ponders as she unwraps the rope, then casts her eyes about for something to tie it to.

Remove ads