• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #30: Cassomir's Locker

IronWolf

blank
Miryam reacts early having noticed the creature and deftly swipes at the short sword the pale creature wields. Though her hand grazes the weapon, she fails to get a good hold of it as the creature pulls it free.

Kronk strikes out at the creature, but it just manages to avoid the blow as it twists out of the way and jabs out at Miryam, just catching her in the arm causing a red, bleeding wound.

Jalil continues to watch the alley, making sure no others approach as Pavanna positions herself better at the doorway to watch for any signs of a creature passing through her field of vision. She hears the sounds of battle from just behind the door in the room as the creature battles with Miryam and Kronk.

[sblock=OOC]

InVinoVeritas, it didn't look like you included the -4 for trying to disarm bare handed? I figured +2 for the attack while unarmed, +2 for improved disarm and then apply the -4 to bring it to an even 1d20 roll. Did I calculate everything right or did I miss something?

If I did the math wrong or overlooked a bonus, just let me know and I will make it right in the upcoming round in a satisfactory way rather than retroactively fix this round I just posted as it could get messy in PbP.

Party Health

Kronk: Heavily Wounded (5/10hp)
Miryam: Slightly Wounded (8/9hp)
Pavanna: Unharmed
Jalil: Unharmed
Kayleigh: Unharmed

Enemy Health

Pale Skinned Creature: Unharmed

[sblock=Updated Map]
cassomir.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Critter Init -- 1d20+6=20
Short Sword Attack -- 1d20+5=17
Short Sword Damage -- 1d4=1
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=IronWolf]
I had +2 CMB, +2 Improved Disarm, -4 barehanded, +2 charge, giving me a net +2 bonus.

In general, any bonus to attack also allows a bonus to combat maneuvers, and disarm can be used in place of a melee attack, so I charged and attempted a disarm.
[/sblock]

vl.arandur

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, guys; family emergency. It's been hectic. Everyone's all right; don't worry. I'll rejoin when I can, but it might be a bit. GM, please feel free to play my character according to the dictates of your own conscience, and consistent with the characterization which he/she has already exhibited.

I'm really, really sorry to inconvenience you, and I hope to rejoin the game soon.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
GM:

InVinoVeritas, Ah - I had dropped the +2 from charge because it didn't look like there was enough room to get a charge in.

vl.arandur, no worries. Take the time you need. You've been here for the bulk of the adventure and I have a good idea of how to play Kayleigh - hence she'll be charging in this round!

I know quarters are cramped in the room, giving Kronk a chance to post since he's right up in the action at the moment and then I'll get a GM post out.

PeteZero

First Post
Kronk takes a step back (to avoid the AoO) and downs his shield elixier.

OOC: If I see it right he used his CLW elixier, and now only has his mutagen left.

IronWolf

blank
Kronk takes a step back from the strange short sword wielding creature and quaffs an elixer. The creature makes a hasty stab at Miryam who still stands near, but seems distracted by the rapidly changing conditions as Pavanna steps in from the outside and makes a heavy swing of the mace at the creature. The mace goes well wide as the creature dodges to one side.

Miryam dances back as she unfurls her whip and lets it fly forth with a crack. The leather end catches the short sword, but fails to wrap around it to allow Miryam to pull it from the creature's hands.

Kayleigh somes rushing into the room and moves to the far wall and makes a swing at the creature, her full range a bit cramped from the confines of the room. The creature again manages to avoid this new attack as its focus seems more on defense as it finds itself cornered by the pathfinders.

[sblock=OOC]

Party Health

Kronk: Heavily Wounded (5/10hp)
Miryam: Slightly Wounded (8/9hp)
Pavanna: Unharmed
Jalil: Unharmed
Kayleigh: Unharmed

Enemy Health

Pale Skinned Creature: Unharmed

[sblock=Updated Map]
cassomir.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Kayleigh Attack -- 1d20+5=14
Creature Attack -- 1d20+5=6
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Deducing from the noises inside that his comrades are having trouble, Jalil moves to help if he can. He is not quite agile enough to slip through the combat without exposing himself to attack, but he moves through non-the-less.

Once inside, he points a finger at the strange creature . . . a pencil beam of flame flicks out in the direction of the foe. Sadly, his aim is little better than his acrobatic skill, and he is not as much help to his friends as he'd hoped.

[sblock=Actions]Move: to the square between Kronk and Miryam (Draws AoO, as his Acrobatics Check failed).
Standard: Fire Bolt Attack (1d20+2=8) - Misses[/sblock]

Remove ads