• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #51: The Shadow Gambit

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Besel watches Dogan's approach with - apparently - little concern. At the man's question, he looks around the room casually before using his foot to push out a chair across the table. He nods you into the chair, but does not speak.

PeteZero

First Post
Dogan nods and takes the seat, "surprised?" He asks. "Your hirelings didn't enjoy the encounter with us, so, what's up? Why did you send them after us?"

soulnova

Explorer
Lanel didn't realize when Dogan walked up to Ardoc. "ah, hahaha!" Lanel quickly placed himself infront of Dogan. "I'm sorry for my friend's humor, my good sir" he made a small respectful bow as he slightly pushed Dogan to the side. "It's been a bad week for all present, including you. You see, we came to your city to visit a mutual friend and, as it happens, seems like someone laid us a trap. Now, my lord, don't think less of us! We do want to bring to justice to whoever did that to our associate, whoever you preffer. Or if so you desire, we would walk away. Of course, a man like you might not have time to look for the bastard that did that to good ol' Horis. Besides, your men weren't really up to the task... a terrible, terrible misunderstanding"

[sblock]Guys, I'll be off and on during the week, there's a hurricane coming to Cancun and I need to get ready. I'll try to post if I have internet[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Besel leans back in his seat and looks at the two of you, plainly taking your measure. After a moment of thought, he leans back in and places his palms on the table. "You are Pathfinders, are you not? The society, this Shadow Lodge of yours, has never been particularly welcome here in Kaer Maga. When I heard you'd done for my friend Horis . . . well, no one treats one under the protection of the Ardocs like that and gets away with it."

vl.arandur

First Post
Harken is listening carefully to the conversation, and winces as it gets underway in pretty much the worst possible way - but, as per the plan, he holds back, saying nothing, staying in the background.

soulnova

Explorer
Lanel shakes his head rather surprised "But, my good sir, we did not threaten Horis. We were sent here to know why was this Shadow Lodge open in the first place. No one back home gave the order to such thing. Horis was a friend of our cause and we were rather surprised he would do this without permission. We just arrived a couple of days ago to speak with him and learn his reasons (and ask him to stop until further notice). We did not intend to kill Horis at all, he was just too important for us to try anything like that!"

"Whoever did this... could have know we were coming and got rid of the poor man before we could get to him." Lanel explained to Besel. "We must find this person and make him answer for his crimes!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The golem master leans back in his chair at Lanel's words, now plainly perplexed. "Mmmm, now that is interesting. I had assumed that Shadow Lodge was simply a euphemism for Pathfinder, as your . . . ilk . . . are generally not welcome in Kaer Maga. I had Colgardie send a note to his contact at the Grand Lodge, hoping to stop the attempts to build a Pathfinder presence here before a lot of you ended up dead. Beyond that, I have had nothing to do with the situation. I hired teh goons to kill you at the request of the head of the Commerce League, as having him owe me a favor would have been very valuable."

soulnova

Explorer
Lanel frowned clearly worried. "This is bad, Sir. This would certainly mean that, indeed, someone has been intercepting Horis' correspondence and impersonating the Society. They have been playing with us. We cannot let this slip." he looked at his companions.

"This Commerce League, were they specifically looking for the Pathfinders or the killers of our late Horis? We are only one... but we are more than willing to find the other and finish the job" he smiles, now a little more confident that the misunderstanding was coming to an end and he wouldn't be smashed by a golem (joy!).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"So where will you go now, Pathfinders? I'll give you this piece of advice for free . . . be careful who you make deals with here. Kaer Maga is a city brimming with politics - play the wrong kind and you’ll end up dead. Hell, play the right kind and you’ll end up dead. The point is, be careful who you make an enemy of here - or worse, who you end up owing a favor to.”

Remove ads