PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Yes, the -4 is due to using an improvised weapon as per the SRD.
SRD said:
Improvised Weapons
Sometimes objects not crafted to be weapons nonetheless see use in combat. Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses one in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object.
No problem on the lateness of posting. I only did the one rounds worth of actions for him and followed what you said he was gonna do anyway.

Wik

First Post
Ah. I went back and checked what you said, and it turns out I misunderstood you. When you said "yes and yes", I really just saw the "yeah, it acts as a club", and I figured that I was proficient in it, so I didn't add the -4.

My bad. Is it fixable, or do we retcon things?

Stupid skeletons.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Don't worry about retconning anything at this point. If you snuck a hit in there because of the -4 not being applied, I'll let it slide considering the really lousy luck everyone's been having with their rolls.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Eleria coughs and splutters some of the contents of the liquid as she comes to. She hastily grabs a potion from her own pack and drinks it as she gets on her feet. CLW for 1d8+1 = 5 additional points of healing.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 8 Summary
The second skeleton slashes at Xir and gets through his guard but its blade is barely stopped by the xephs’ armor, leaving him undamaged for now.

Xir swings again with his shield, but the unwieldy thing just keeps getting blocked to easily by the undead's weapon.

Abdul pours another potion down Eleria's throat.

Eleria coughs and splutters some of the contents of the liquid as she comes to. She hastily grabs a potion from her own pack and drinks it as she gets on her feet.

The third skeleton turns to swing at Elthic, but its slow strike is easily slammed aside by the dwarfs crowbar.

Elthic will position himself in between Abdul and Eleria if able, and bring his crowbar down upon the skeleton's skull. His high strike is blocked by the skeletons shield though, keeping it from harm again.

Round 9- Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: Stuck in a stalemate, the skeleton swings again but is blocked easily by Xir’s shield.
-Skeleton 1: Destroyed.
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:4/12) -2 Str, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 3/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 6/7) -1 Dex, >Used 2/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: waiting to take action
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 6/9), >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 75

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Are there any bludgeoning weapons within close proximity, or implements that could be used as a club? Furniture, splintered wood from the collapsing stairs? Could Eleria use her longbow or lute as a club with a -4 penalty?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]There is a pile of bones from the first destroyed skeleton on the floor. A good leg bone would suffice as a club (1d6 dmg) with the -4 to attack for an improvised weapon. That or Elthics' spear could be used as a quarterstaff with the blunt end. Still probably get the improvised weapon penalty though as you'd be concentrating on not slicing yourself with the sharp end![/SBLOCK]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Eleria grabs the spear and uses it as a improvised quarterstaff against the skeletons, keeping them at bay with the length of the spear and hopefully gaining flanking in the process. She is still groggy, though, and her attack=9 is poor.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure how to handle the movement, so I’ll leave it to the DM. Eleria will try to focus on flanking, attacking the one that is most damaged, or attacking the one that is most accessible (in that order).[/sblock]

Remove ads