PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 11 Summary
-Slashing at Xir again, the skeleton can't seem to get through his armor.
-Xir attempts to smash the damaged one again. But again luck fails him and the blow is diverted.
-Abdul reloads a snapped-off bolt and fires. "No one wants an enlargement?" he asks as his bolt ricochets off the ceiling at him, forcing him to duck.
-Hearing the dwarf, Eleria looks at him hesitantly for a moment, before pushing the sharp end of the spear down to the ground and stepping on it with the intention of snapping off the tip and making either a quarterstaff or a club. The haft of the spear cracks and splinters under her foot, leaving the remainder as a functional quarterstaff.
-The third skeleton swings and barely connects with Xir, slicing him for 2 dmg (Crit not confirmed).
-Elthic makes another swing, and swears loudly as the attack goes wide.

Round 12- Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: Knocking aside Xirs shield with its own, the skeleton then stabs out with its already bloody scimitar and catches Xir right in the neck. A fountain of red erupts as the xephs hands close around his throat trying to staunch the flow of blood. His hands quickly go slack though as his eyes roll back up into his head and his body slumps to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut. (8 damage, crit confirmed)
-Skeleton 1: Destroyed.
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:-6/12) Dying, -2 Str, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 3/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 6/7) -1 Dex, >Used 2/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: 4 damage, waiting to take action
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 6/9), >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far

OOC: stonegod, give me a percentile roll each round for Xir till his condition changes. Eleria you can lose the improvised weapon negative modifier since you are okay to use a quarterstaff. Can't wait to see who wins between Elthic and Eleria after the skeletons are gone though. ;)

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Fixed it. Thanks! Wouldn't want his eye color wrong in the memorial or anything. ;) :heh: (Just kidding. It's all Invisible Castle's doing! Its not my fault! :eek: )

Wik

First Post
When Elthic notices that his spear has been destroyed, he screams "My brother gave that to me when I left the clanhold! You better hope the skeletons kill you woman, becuase if they don't...!" he uses his fury against the skeleton fighting him.

OOC: Seriously. Damaging another player's equipment? Not cool. ;)

On the plus side, though, it gives me a reason to visit Tarag's forge.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh! bugger!

I just realized that I misread what Elthic said above. I’m sorry Wik. I thought you meant “Break the spear!”… not “Don’t break the spear!”

I didn’t mean to spite Elthic. Damn! That’s going to cost me 5gp - but at least I now have a QS. :(

In other news, I’d like to feed Xir a potion…

Can Eleria make a wide circle around the skeleton and feed it a potion to Xir?
Is there an AoO?
Do I need a tumble check?
Can Eleria drag him out of the way?
Or am I just better off attacking?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Eleria could circle wide enough to GET there in half a round, but you'd be within reach of #2 at E4 and (I think) would draw an AoO from feeding him the potion but not from movement. Tumbling would reduce your move by half and would likely be not useful unless you just want to get TO Xir this round and give him the potion NEXT round. To drag him away would definately take the one round to get to him on the opposite side of the skeleton and then another round to move him some.

On the other hand, Abdul could get around on the left and reach Xir AND do the potion THIS round without any AoO's. Not trying to script what you should do WarlockLord, just pointing out the options.

Them's your options as far as I see them, so do as thou wilt from there.[/sblock]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
“Xir is down.” Eleria calls out as a reaction, before stepping in to attack the most injured skeleton. There is a distinct crack of bone as she slams the newly-made quarterstaff into the skeleton.

Attack 18
Damage 6

OOC: Surely that must do something!

Wik

First Post
Deus Ex Machina said:
Oh! bugger!

I just realized that I misread what Elthic said above. I’m sorry Wik. I thought you meant “Break the spear!”… not “Don’t break the spear!”

I didn’t mean to spite Elthic. Damn! That’s going to cost me 5gp - but at least I now have a QS. :(

OOC: Actually, I kind of like that Elthic lost his spear. It's not really going to hurt me too much (except I'll be dealing 1d6 damage, instead of 1d8), and it gives me a reason to visit Tarag, which is something we'd been discussing in the RDI.

That being said, ELTHIC is pretty damned peeved about the whole thing.

WarlockLord

First Post
"Good job, Eleria! You annoyed the resident dwarf!" exclaims Abdul as he fires another bolt, minus a tip, at a skeleton. It bounces off the spear tip. ":) :) :) :)!!!" exclaims the wizard, not normally given to swearing.

[sblock=OOC]
Attack: 1d20-6=-4
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 12 Summary
-Knocking aside Xirs' shield with its own, the skeleton then stabs out with its already bloody scimitar and catches Xir right in the neck. A fountain of red erupts as the xephs' hands close around his throat trying to staunch the flow of blood. His hands quickly go slack though as his eyes roll back up into his head and his body slumps to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut. (8 damage, crit confirmed)
-Xir lays where he fell, blood pumping out of his neck and pooling on the floor under him.
-"Good job, Eleria! You annoyed the resident dwarf!" exclaims Abdul as he fires another bolt, minus a tip, at a skeleton. It bounces off the spear tip. ":):):):)!!!" exclaims the wizard, not normally given to swearing.
-“Xir is down.” Eleria calls out as a reaction, before stepping in to attack the most injured skeleton. There is a distinct crack of bone as she slams the newly-made quarterstaff into the skeleton. (6 damage to Skel 3)
-The third skeleton falls apart under Eleria's solid blow.
-When Elthic notices that his spear has been destroyed, he screams "My brother gave that to me when I left the clanhold! You better hope the skeletons kill you woman, becuase if they don't...!" he steps forward to the uninjured skeleton that remains and uses his fury against it, crushing most of the creature's rib cage with the blow of his crowbar. (4 damage to Skel 2)

Round 13- Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: 4 damage, swinging at Elthic, the skeleton misses due to some of its bones being shattered.
-Skeleton 1: Destroyed.
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:-7/12) Dying, -2 Str, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 3/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 6/7) -1 Dex, >Used 2/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: Destroyed.
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 6/9), >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 74

Remove ads