PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Wik

First Post
Elthic starts kicking the skeleton as it hits the ground, and then turns on Eleria.

"My spear! What gave you the damned fool notion that it would be alright to destroy my spear, you fool of a woman!?"

Grumbling, Elthic bends down, and pours one potion of cure light wounds down Xir's throat (Healing Potion on Xir (1d8+1=9))

Edit - didn't realize Xir was conscious. Translate this as "Elthic hands the potion over the Xir". I'd like to keep my roll, though. :)

Afterwards, he puts his back up against a wall, and drinks another potion for himself. (Healing potion on Self (1d8+1=2))

Finally, still fuming (and completely ignoring anything Eleria might say), he points at the key and says "That looks important. Somebody grab it."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir stands and dusts himself off. He then peels back one of his sleeves to examine something on his arm. After tracing it for a moment, he nods. Without a word, he turns back to his companions.

"We have overcome, though luck be against us. Be grateful for that."

The xeph looks for exits.

Phoenix8008

First Post
In the light from Abdul's stone, the party sees a door in the northern wall near the north-eastern corner. The door itself looks very sturdy.

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

stonegod

"'The path to the earth forms the bones of the tallest tower,'" Xir says inscrutably. He waits for another to open the door with the key.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Eleria looks down at the now-broken spear in her hands, which had now found itself at the heart of a contentious issue. Flustered in the heat of the battle, she had mistaken Elthic’s warning not to break the spear and had done the complete opposite of the instruction, pushing the sharp end of the weapon into the ground and stepping on it to produce a quarterstaff. The dwarf had done nothing to wrong her and she had not intended to insult him. It was something that Eleria now regretted deeply.

Yet, it had proven to have a positive effect on the battle. Her quarterstaff had been instrumental in destroying one of the skeletons that had threatened them, even when they were badly injured and Xir, the group’s primary fighter, was unconscious and things were starting to look hopeless. Despite Elthic turning his back on her, Eleria offers a stuttered response.

“But… I… I thought you said… you wanted me to break it…” She pauses for a moment as the emotions seem to overflow. “Oh! Never mind! I can’t seem to do anything right in this miserable friggin’ place!”

She slams the spear on the ground, watching as it rebounds and then clatters onto the floor of the basement, before stepping back towards the wall and slumping down the wall with her head down and resting her forearms on her legs in a curled up ball.

“And you can take your potions… mage!” She says with disdain, shaking her head at his miserly record-keeping and lack of recognition of the other efforts of his comrades. “And since you are counting... You may not be a cleric, but I am definitely no fighter! And I have endured the initial force of the attacks from both the skeletons here and those damn creatures upstairs. I cannot continue until I have gained some additional healing - or next time we may all be doomed.”

[sblock=OOC]You’re free to take the potions, WarlockLord. I’ll cross them off my sheet.

Also, Phoenix, I want to send Eleria back to try to negotiate some more healing from our employer. She's got pretty average AC and got cornered badly in both fights, thus no longer has any potions at all.

Wik, what do you want to do about the spear/quarterstaff. Shall I give you 5gp and take the staff? Your call.

Eleria's feeling pretty down at the moment. ;)[/sblock]

stonegod

Xir produces the potion, offers it, and bows to Abdul. But, as the potion is taken, he admonishes, "'The nomad who demands his due is due not the gift of water he might otherwise receive.'"

As Eleria's frustration comes to the forefront, Xir waits impassively. He was not one for much emotion, his earlier frustration unusual for him. "If we rest, a secure location must be found. Only the time when the house transfers is of important to our employer."

OOC: Xir is 10/12hp. If we rested a day, that'd put him up, though I'd hate to do fight-rest-fight-rest. But we are fragile.

new Init: Init (1d20+3=17)

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I, too, am usually reluctant to do the fight-rest-fight-rest thing, as you put it. Though, in the absence of a cleric or druid, we have a distinct lack of healing in the group and could do with some more potions.

The alternative is that we walk (or more likely get ambushed) into the next fight low on spells, abilities, healing and HP. Sounds dangerous.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Wusses. ;)

Elthic picks up his new "staff", makes a face, and then picks up the broken spear-point. Feeling just a little guilty about Eleria's near breakdown, he kicks a stone across the floor and says in a low voice,

"Quit your moping, woman. We're alive, and... it's just a spear. Just a..." He starts biting his words. "Very... nice... gift... from my... brother."

In a very bad mood, he kicks another stone. "No matter. I'm sure I'll get used to swinging a stick around. Or something."

"Let me check that door before someone opens it, and we fall into another damned pit."

OOC: Elthic will search the door before trying to open it. Search +5

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic finds no traps on the door. But it is locked.

[sblock=OOC]So, is there a consensus on whether or not the party is resting now in this room, or if they are going to enter the next room? Also, if the other three besides stonegod could roll your next initiatives for whenever the next combat is, thanks.

D.E.M.- Feel free when next you are able to get outside to make a post about heading back to the employer and requesting funds for more healing potions. In the post give me 3 diplomacy checks and I'll post back the results of your request.[/sblock]
Current conditions
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:10/12) -2 Str, >Used 3/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 6/7) -1 Dex, >Used 4/4 CLW potion so far
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 8/9), >Used 3/4 CLW potion so far

Last edited:

Remove ads