PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The magic glow is not from this door. It is shining out from beneath the door due to the source which is behind this door in the next room. So checks at this point are premature because you cannot see the thing yet which you need to check. We can use those rolls after you open the door however...[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Elthic grumbles. "It's either rest here, in the dark... or we can open the door, and make our way out of this infernal hellhole."

Elthic grabs the key, walks up to the door, and turns and looks at everyone. "Are we ready?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Since 3 out of four say they wanna go, I'm gonna follow the majority.[/sblock]

Elthic turns the key in the lock and with an audible *click* the latch unfastens. Turning the knob, the dwarf pushes open the door which swings inward to the right to reveal a small room 15 feet square. In the north-eastern corner is a what can only be described as a portal on a stone dais two steps up from the dirt floor. A short diagonal wall with a stone archway wreathed in magical blue mist dominates the corner. It glows slightly with both magical and mundane light. The blue mist in the archway and spilling out slightly along its edges is so thick that anything beyond the archway is utterly obscured and hidden from sight. Arcing through the mist and over the stonework of the archway itself you also notice tiny electrical charges leaping from one surface to another. They seem to make a low pitched humming or crackling noise.

On the wall to the left you notice a metal lever sticking up out of the wall at about a 45 degree angle. You cannot tell from looking at it what it's function might be. You see no sign of any creatures or other objects within this room.

[sblock=Eleria]Your detect magic picks out two distinct auras around and in the archway. One of moderate power and one of strong power. Your spellcraft is not advanced enough to help you know what schools of magic are being used though. Via your arcane knowledge, you barely remember a story of magical portals that were once used to transport between places both good and bad. Most of these portals were destroyed throughout history and none have been heard of in recent centuries.[/sblock]
[sblock=Abdul]Your spellcraft is not helpful in this case, but your arcane knowledge helps you remember more about the book where you once saw Allahastor's name mentioned... in reference to magical locations just like this portal. There was some reference to a group called the "Watchers" or "Guardians", but the text was very unspecific about that.[/sblock]

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 75

WarlockLord

First Post
"Allahastor...I read something about him and these kinds of portals...also some kind of group of protectors or observers...but by the darkness, I cannot remember any of it! Curses! Has anyone else here more knowledge, before we pull the lever?"

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"I reacall a story of magical portals that were once used to transport between places both good and bad, though most of these portals were destroyed throughout history and none have been heard of in recent centuries... I can tell you is that there are two distinct auras eminating from this archway. One from around and one from within. How this may aid us, I do not know."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"It should not aid you in any way, since you should be leaving that portal alone and removing yourselves from that room immediately." The Voice returns to your heads with a tone of urgency behind it. "Just pull the lever down so that you may exit the room, please. As for the skeletons, I must apoligize for them but they are beyond my control. I would not wish for them to have killed you. I just want you to be gone from here, not dead."

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Eleria listens intently as the voice speaks, trying to sense the motive (7) behind whatever it is. Clearly, she has no idea. She shrugs and looks at the others, seeking some kind of response from any of them as she slowly backs out of the room.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Ahhh, so you were IN the room... Well then...

[sblock=Eleria]Backing out of the room, Eleria can't concentrate on whether or not there is any malice hidden in the voice because she sensed an imperfection in the wall on the western side of the room, just north of the lever. It looked like a well hidden crack running most of the way up the wall from the floor. Very possibly a secret door hidden in the wall...[/sblock]

Remove ads