PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

WarlockLord

First Post
INIT:1d20+2=15

Abdul, not wanting to be a jerk in the light of his comrade's unhappiness, decides not to press the matter of the potions. "My apologies. Keep them. I am merely frustrated with my inability to do anything in this battle.

"However, we should rest now."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
WarlockLord said:
"My apologies. Keep them. I am merely frustrated with my inability to do anything in this battle."
"You are gracious. But effort spend on my behalf should be returned." Xir hands over the potion.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
In the time it takes Elthic to inspect the door, Eleria scans the entire room for signs of any magical auras [detect magic] that may reveal any hidden treasure or possibly explain how the skeletons came to be in the basement. She stands once again, suddenly feeling better now that her comrades have expressed their sympathies.

“I have but a small scratch and do not mind whether we rest now or continue… though surely that door leads aboveground? The cellar door that was visible from the outside of this accursed place. I’m confident that if we delay pressing forward for enough time to allow me to meet with monsieur Darque, that I could persuade our employer to provide us with some additional assistance. After all, this place is probably just a little more deadly that he expected. Then, hopefully, there will be sufficient potions to go ‘round.”

She winks to the others.

[sblock=Phoenix]I see that stonegod already gave you some Diplomacy rolls before, and I needed to do Initiative anyway, so I just made them at the same time. Will post again once outside.

Initiative 21
Diplomacy 25
Diplomacy 14
Diplomacy 25

Now that we're out of combat, some really kick-ass rolls there! Diplomacy is just my specialty![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Eleria sees no telltale glow of magic anywhere within the room (except for the remaining healing potions). However, there does seem to be a glow coming from beneath the locked door indicating the presence of substantial magic beyond that barrier.

OOC: Excellent rolls all around! I guess IC is making up for it now...

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"Wait!" Eleria calls out to Elthic. Perhaps a little too loud, the strain in her voice obvious.

"I don't know what it is, but there is some kind of magic beyond that barrier. And it's substantial. It could be a trap. Or a ward. Or it could be something else altogether."

She reflexively draws her bow and nocks an arrow in case of any threat as she backs off a little [30' from door] and also surveys how difficult it would be to use the collapsing staircase as a possible means of exit from the basement.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Looking to the western ceiling where they tumbled down from, ELeria can barely even tell where the regular ceiling stops and the trapped stairs begin. It seems that the bottom of the trapped stairs is flush with the ceiling of this basement. There appears to be no easy way to bring the stairs back down from below.

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul thanks Xir, then attempts to use his wise wizarding ways to figure out what the magic on the door is.

"If someone has something useless, we could throw it through the door and observe what happens."

[sblock=OOC]
Spellcraft check: 1d20+9=16
Knowledge: arcana check: 1d20+9=16
[/sblock]

Remove ads