PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Stepping back from the opened door, Abdul sees a ten foot wide hallway leading west away from the tower. At the end of the hallway you see what appears to be the top of the staircase from the first floor. Just before that there is a corner and the hallway goes around it and out of sight to the left. Two barred windows on the northern wall illuminate the hallway and the faded but nice tapestries hanging upon the south wall.

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor5.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor5.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
"Didn't the voice say to meet him at the top of the stairs? Where is he? We could go left."

"If anyone cares, I'm out of spells again."

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: The stairs that you see at the end of the hallway are the ones leading down to the first floor main room by the front door. Same ones that were trapped and dumped you into the basement. You don't see anything leading up from here.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic leads the group down the hallway, moving slowly and searching for traps. Before reaching the corner that he can peek around, he finds a pressure plate in the floor. (marked by the red 'x' on the map) He can't tell what the pressure plate is connected to so he's not sure what type of trap it would set off. Deciding to attempt to disable the device, Elthic uses his tools and tries to disconnect the pressure plate from whatever it would set off. After about half a minute he's making progress when suddenly a spring and gear wheel pop out of place. "Uh oh..." the dwarf says just as a gout of flame roars from around the corner of the hallway about 5 feet away. Nobody is harmed, but if anyone had been peeking around the corner, their face would have been roasted...

[sblock=Abdul]While Elthic fiddles around with the pressure plate, you study the tapestries hanging beside you. The slightest shift of one of them makes you raise an eyebrow in thought. 'Could it be??', you wonder to yourself. Pulling aside the tapestry and checking the wall behind it you are rewarded with the sight of a small lever which would seem to move the wall swing inward as a secret door. If not for your elven eyes, you would never have noticed the slight movement of the tapestry to alert you...[/sblock]
OOC: I also need next init's from Eleria and Abdul please.

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor6.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor6.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 84

WarlockLord

First Post
Initiative 1d20+3=23

Abdul pulls back the tapestry. "Examine. I have found a secret door. However, I am also utterly out of spells and would like to rest. I apologize for the inconvenience"

OOC: Yay 4e at-will magic!

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I agree with you there WarlockLord. If I could house-rule in some at will magic for you I would, trust me. As for resting, where would you like to go to rest?

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: Not your fault. There's a couch downstairs, right?

If you want to speed this up:
[sblock=Spells Prepared]
0-light, acid splash, ghost sound
1-color spray, sleep, magic missile
[/sblock]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"If we should need to rest before pushing on, that fine with me. I do recall something about a Fluffy or similar. Who, or what, do you think that might be?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
The party retreats downstairs wondering about "Fluffy". Resting on the couch downstairs, the group is soon refreshed and ready to continue. Abdul memorizes his spells for the day as the white cat gives itself a bath nearby. Shortyly thereafter, the four are back up the tower steps standing beside the tapestries again. The secret door behind the tapestry is closed still and no noise comes from around the corner ahead of you.

OOC: D.E.M.- I need Eleria's next initiative roll please.

Remove ads