PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic heads back into the hallway, followed by Xir. As he reaches the corner, a blast of flame shoots by in front of his face from around the corner. Standing still, the flame blast does not appear again, so the dwarf cautiously peers around the corner. About 20 feet down the hallway is an intersection with the passage splitting two directions. It continues on further south where it dead ends with a door on either side, one of which looks properly placed to lead back into the library you just came from. The other passage turns right from the intersection and goes out of sight. Standing in the middle of the intersection is a large red furred dog. It's thick collar attaches to a chain which is bolted to the wall nearby, giving it a small amount of movement range within and around that intersection. The beast faces north towards the corner you are peeking around.

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor11.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor11.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 197

Wik

First Post
"Stay here, and come from the front. I'll come from the back."

Elthic mumbles this, and then goes into the room, and tries to get behind the creature, so Xir and Elthic can attack from multiple directions.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic doubles back through the library and cracks the door there to take a peek. Sure enough, the big canine is still sitting there looking north towards where Xir is hiding around the corner.

[sblock=OOC] Everybody give me a new initiative roll along with your first actions and we'll go from there. I forgot to ask for a new init roll after fighting the rug. :heh: Eleria and Abdul can decide which side they would like to be on as well.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: My apologies for my absence over the last week. RL has been busy but I'm back now. I see that RL has been busy for others as well it seems. I'll go ahead and use DM's perogative to control Abdul and Eleria until we hear from them again. So far I only have initiatives for Xir.

Xir stays by the north corner of the hallway and Abdul soon joins him there. As the wizard approaches the corner, another blistering blast of flame shoot forward, causing Xir to have to duck his head back around the corner (Spot check for Xir please).

Meanwhile, Eleria follows Elthic to the south door in the library and they peek through to see the tail end of the large red dog, just in time to see another blast of fire stream forward from it.(Spot checks for Elthic and Eleria please)

OOC: Actions?

Phoenix8008

First Post
After some planning and deliberation, Xir and Elthic charge the creature from both sides with Abdul and Eleria following closely behind as backup. They are all surprised though when the creature does not react at all, even when their weapons slice and pierce right through it. In fact, there is no resistance at all and no change in movement from the creature. Poking again with his spear, Elthic double checks and finds that in fact the creature is only an illusion of some sort.

Looking to the west, the group sees a short hallway with doors on the north and south walls.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor12.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor12.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 253

Remove ads