PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Wik

First Post
"There goes my moment of glory." Elthic grumbles, looking down the hallway. He'll move to the door at E 13, and start looking for traps or other interesting features.

"Someone want to come in from the other door?"

When someone gives the shout, he'll enter.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"Curious..." Eleria says as she attempts to look past Elthic and towards the passageway. "I wonder why anyone would put such an illusion there? There must surely be something of interest behind that glamor to even go to the trouble. Shall we push on?"

Initiative = 4

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic stands ready and upon hearing Xir's signal, they both open their doors...into completely seperate rooms...

[sblock=Elthic/Eleria]You see a shallow passage which goes to the north ascending a small flight of stairs.[/sblock]
[sblock=Xir/Abdul]You see a small room which contains a bathtub on the far wall just beyond a sink. Around the corner to the west is a closed door. A narrow window lets in a little light from the west and south walls.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor13.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor13.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 119

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir gruffly comments, "It is what I believe you call a 'bathhouse'." He then carefully enters and opens the other door.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Xir opens the door to find a small room with nothing but a toilet inside. Abdul stands idly in the hall outside the bathroom. Elthic explores cautiously into the small chamber, climbing the stairs and checking around the corner to find a ladder bolted to the wall leading up to the ceiling. Eleria followed the dwarf into the room until her keen elven senses noticed a flaw in the wall beside her which seems to be a secret door.

attachment.php

OOC: Hey everybody. I went ahead and NPC'd Elthic/Eleria to speed things up a bit since we haven't heard from them in a little bit. I left Abdul not moving since we haven't heard from him in a long time. I know everyone is busy and I've been guilty of not paying enough attention to this game over the past month or so as well. I'd not like to see this die on the vine though. If we could get a post from anybody still interested, I'd be appreciative. If anybody wants to formally drop out, the others could still recruit someone else from the RDI if needed. Please understand, I'm not encouraging anybody to drop out. I'd love to see everybody finish this adventure together, especially since we are getting pretty close to the end.

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor14.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor14.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 228

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir shrugs, and pulls back to the others. Seeing the intent look at the secret doors, he puts his ear up to see if anything is there.

OOC: Listen check.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Noticing the door, Eleria calls up towards Elthic and loud enough for the others to hear. "Hey... wait... there's a secret door here!"

She checks across the surface of the wall and the flaw and attempts to open the door.

OOC: I'm keen to see this through... especially if we're getting close to a conclusion.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Xir moves to the small room where the secret door is located. Pressing his ear against the wall, he hears no sound from within. Eleria finds the proper latch and opens the door into another small chamber just big enough for one or two to stand within. Around the corner against the wall is a large wooden chest with a padlock fastened on it's front. Elthic looks at the chest and turns to ask the others, "Well, do you think I should try and open it, or just leave it be?" Abdul follows the others down the hallway, running his hand through the illusionary hell hound as he goes by.

"In fact, you would be doing me a favor if you would open it since the key seems to have been misplaced. I would be wary though, as there may be some form of protection on the chest other than the lock." the voice says out of nowhere with a suddenness that is startling.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Darque2ndFloor15.JPG
    Darque2ndFloor15.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 203

Wik

First Post
OOC: Sorry about my absence. I haven't been able to get onto ENWorld since Gary died, for some reason. Had to call the internet company to fix things.

Elthic cracks his knuckles, and looks at his companions. "House... shut up, or we'll get missus spearbreaker here to lay a curse upon your very foundations."

He clears the room for a moment, and studies the trap. "Everybody.... stand back."

Once the room is cleared, Elthic will try to search the chest, and then try to disable anything he may find.

Here's wishing I had action points...

Elthic's Search roll, and his Disable Device roll. (Gulp) (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=15)

Boo ya! So, he may have found the trap, and then he gets destroyed by it! AWESOME!

Remove ads