PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Wik

First Post
Elthic continues to grumble, all the while moving about quickly, ducking any incoming attack. "Why, of all places, in a bathroom? Elthic Bazelmak will not die in a bathroom! At *least* a dining room!" he mumbles, with a fierce grin on his face.

He makes another stab with his spear, doing much better this time.

Elthic's Attack, round 2 (1d20+2=16, 1d8+3=8)

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul realizes that his normal spell compliment will be largely ineffective. This does not stop him from deciding to attempt to aid his friends, especially Elthic, who, it appears, has just saved his life. The wizard decides that he will attempt to weaken one of the centipedes with his ray of enfeeblement, however, in the future, he will always pack a magic missile. In the meantime, he puts his finger to the small space between the door and it's hinges, mutters a few arcane syllables, and blasts a black ray at the centipede.

[sblock=Currently Prepared Spells]
Spells Prepared (3/3, DC 15+level)
0-daze, read magic, (1 used)
1- color spray, sleep, (1 used)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Abdul will remain where he is and fire his ray through the slot between the door and it's hinges (putting his hand to the slit to deal with the aiming problem). Only spell Abdul had prepared that could affect a mindless creature.

Attack 1d20-1=19. Woo-hoo! In my favor for once!

Strength Penalty 1d6=3.

Hope this helps you guys kill these things.
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
WarlockLord said:
Abdul will remain where he is and fire his ray through the slot between the door and it's hinges (putting his hand to the slit to deal with the aiming problem). Only spell Abdul had prepared that could affect a mindless creature.

Attack 1d20-1=19. Woo-hoo! In my favor for once!

Strength Penalty 1d6=3.

Hope this helps you guys kill these things.

Hey, isn't that a crit? rolled a 20, and confirm. It is a ray attack. Or does Ray of Enfeeblement not crit?

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Looks to me like a possible crit. A confirmation roll is in order. If he doesn't make it by tomorrow, I'll roll the confirmation and apply the results.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 2
-Abdul puts his finger to the small space between the door and it's hinges, mutters a few arcane syllables, and blasts a black ray at the centipede, hitting it and causing great physical weakness as it slumps a bit. (Didn’t crit-I rolled for you WarlockLord: Crit conifrmation for Abdul and possible Str damage. (1d20-1=9, 1d6=5)

-The first Centipede rears up to bite at Elthic, but is stopped cold by his armor.

-Elthic continues to grumble, all the while moving about quickly, ducking any incoming attack. "Why, of all places, in a bathroom? Elthic Bazelmak will not die in a bathroom! At *least* a dining room!" he mumbles, with a fierce grin on his face. He makes another stab with his spear, doing much better this time. The centipede is speared right through it’s body, convulsing and then falling off the spear to curl up on the floor twitching.

-The second centipede also attacks Elthic from beside the short wall. This one manages to catch him on an unprotected part of his arm, barely biting into his flesh. (1HP of damage, make a Fort save)

-Gracefully weaving through his companions, Xir appears to avoid most of the insectile attention, though a missed step does place him in danger from the second creature. That centipede strikes out at him as he goes by but his armor is thick and its feeble attack is easily stopped. His green blade then flashes in the small room, wounding the final centipede.

-Eleria clutches the door handle in panic, just trying to get away from the monstrous insects. The knob turns in her hand even as she sees Elthic stab through the closest centipede. She pushes the door open with her shoulder as she tumbles poorly through the doorway and into a bedroom. A bedroom half-covered in thick webbing. Webbing which supports a massive spider in the center of the room above the bed. Nearly 5’ wide, it’s eight beady eyes stare at Eleria while it’s mandibles click hungrily together…

Round 3-Order of battle and conditions
-Abdul (AC:11, HP:5/5) >3 Dex due to poison
-Centipede #1 >Dying
-Elthic (AC:15, HP:8/9)
-Centipede #2 > down 3HP
-Spider
-Xir (AC:19, HP:12/12)
-Eleria (AC:15, HP:2/7) >2 Dex due to poison

Attachments

• DarqueDemense10.JPG
    DarqueDemense10.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul takes a 5-foot step back, draws and loads his crossbow, oblivious to the peril of poor Eleria.

[sblock=OOC] I agree with Wik. This is pretty fun.

With a little luck, we can find some antitoxin or something. Sorry about not rolling my crit.

I should have prepared magic missiles...sigh
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Faced with the giant arachnid, Eleria's feet stay firmly fixed to the spot, unable to move. She lets out a scream of terror.

[sblock=OOC]My turn is dead last, so I'll wait to see what goes down before acting. Whatever I do may be redundant.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: So you don't have to guess and post two possible actions stonegod, I'll let you know that Xir sees Elthic drop the other centipede right as Eleria screams bloody murder...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Turning to the new threat, Xir moves with as much alacrity as possible, preparing to strike.

[sblock=OOC]Move into the new room, tumbling/up the walls if needed to get to an advantageous position to strike.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads