PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus is of two minds about whether to show himself but when Dair comes out of the shadows he shrugs, grins to himself, and strides in, stowing his crossbow as he does so.

He nods companionably to the soldiers on guard, and thanks the guard politely for the food. He raises his cup in a salute to Periwinkle, holding her gaze for a moment before drinking deeply. Then he tucks into the food.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir looks into the darkness before being led in. When the meal is served, he sits calmly but does not eat or drink. Instead, he just waits for someone who knows something.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle places her hands on the pitcher of water and intones in a slightly sing-song voice, "May the Lady of Water bless this water, and let the gift of it remind us of the life she gives. And may Snoofles not make too much of a mess in the bedrolls of Certain Mean People who want to leave him behind." She drinks deeply of it and passes it to Dair with a sweet smile.

ooc: Man, I'm just all about the pee today.

stonegod

The xeph raises his eye at the banter, but says nothing.

'The loudest fighting wildcats are between future mates.'

Halford

First Post
Dair leers and gives Periwinkle an enthusiastic wink.

"Fine by me!"

OOC: Whoops that was internal dialogue!

Last edited:

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i picks at his stew half-heartedly, not having much of an appetite yet. He leans back and stretches, wondering what's taking the captain so long.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Captain arrives surrounded by a retinue of a dozen other guardsmen. He stops and stands a few feet away from the table with his thumbs tucked in his belt. His cloak billows behind him, and his armor and sword look to be in good condition from what you can see. "I'm Captain Niko. Sorry about the delay. I was debating how to handle this with you people. I even considered having poison put into your food and drink there. But with so many of you, the odds weren't good that enough of you would be knocked out. And with you hero types, that would mean a fight where I would lose precious resources that I can't afford. So I'm left with this. Talking to you and hoping that I can make you understand the reality of your new situation. But first, I should hear what you have to say. Tell me what you are doing here and then I'll tell answer what questions I can and tell you how much trouble you are in." the Captain finishes with a sigh.

OOC: So sorry for the delay. Won't happen again (anytime soon at least). :blush:

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, obviously we're eating lunch, silly! Or is this dinner? What time is it? Anyway, it all started with a skeleton in the basement. Verminar's basement, that is." Periwinkle happily recaps, giving basically the same story as she gave the guards at the gate.

"So you see, Captain," she draws the last word out with a coquettish flutter of eyelashes, "We've come to rescue Mister Darque. Do you know him?"

stonegod

Xir keeps his counsel to himself, but looks over everything quietly. Especially the armaments and locations of each person in the room.

Remove ads