• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB3 Classes and Augmentation

zigonick

First Post
Something me and my friends have wondered about the wording of the augmentation of the at will powers. Once you augment a power for the encounter say to Augment 2. Every time after you use the power is it still augmented to the hit and effect of Augment 2 or is it just a one time use at that Augment level and after that its just the Augment 0 version of the at will? I personally think its probably just that one time but they seem to think it stays like that since the wording is a touch ambiguous.

Gruns

Explorer
The Augmented version is just one time. They more or less replace Encounter powers that the non-psionic classes get, but have slightly more flexibility in that you can use the lesser Augmented (Augment1) version twice in an encounter.
Later!
Gruns

FireLance

Legend
In addition, at higher levels (when the character has more PP), it is possible to augment the same power more than once in an encounter. Hence, a character with the psionic augmentation class feature has the flexibility to effectively use the same "encounter" power two or more times in an encounter while characters without that class feature will generally be able to use each of their encounter powers only once (barring abilities that allow them to recharge encounter powers, of course).

ourchair

First Post
Indeed.

Psionics basically have the option to forego the use of certain powers so that they can pump their other powers to encounter level.

Remove ads