• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pink Floyd

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
ATTENTION: This thread is to discuss Pink Floyd's recent reunion and their subsequent performance at a certain concert, as well as possible future appearances/collaberations. This thread is not to discuss the concert itself, or especially the political motivations for said concert. DO NOT POST ANY POLITICAL OR EVEN SEMI-POLITICAL CONTENT IN THIS THREAD because i want to talk about pink floyd and not your views on other subjects! if you have a complaint, please post it in the Meta forum instead. thank you.

the following quotes come from a thread that was closed for another reason - i hope that re-posting them is not inappropriate, since they do not pertain (on the surface) to the reasons for that thread closing. as happens often enough, i didn't get the chance to respond to the good parts of a thread that got closed. ;)

Joël of the FoS said:
Breathe
Money
Wish you were here
Comfortably numb

That was quite cool indeed. Roger was in a great mood.

wow, that is great to hear. :) some of their better hits from the last decade that they were together with waters. comfortably numb is probably my favorite song from the Wall.

Whisperfoot said:
Man Floyd is looking old. I guess its inevitable, the march of time and all that, but still, kind of depressing. I kind of hope they reunite long enough to record an album together.
it is inevitable, unfortunately. don't forget, they first got together almost 40 years ago!

Whisperfoot said:
So I wonder if they're going to release the Live 8 concerts on DVD. I'd happily pay for the whole thing just to get Floyd's entire performance. Does anybody know if they played more than just the 4 songs?

i don't know that i'd buy the whole thing just for their performance, but i might just surprise myself. ;) i've wondered when/if the original Live Aid is ever coming to DVD (or already is?) because i'd want Zeppelin's performance, as well as some others like the Who, Queen, and Chuck Berry.

Joël of the FoS said:
Really the surprise for me was to see Roger W smiling wildly. It was quite refreshing to see him in this mood :)

because he's so cynical and moody? ;)
Whisperfoot[/quote said:
I do have to say that his last album was superior to Floyd's. The Division Bell was good, but Amused to Death is a masterpiece.
i haven't heard very much of Waters' solo material. got any particular songs to recommend? :D

Joël of the FoS

First Post
BOZ said:
DO NOT POST ANY POLITICAL OR EVEN SEMI-POLITICAL CONTENT IN THIS THREAD

Sorry for hijacking the other thread. I don't usually do that but I was really pissed off (still is, and will write about it).

---

Anyway, I reheard Floyd's performance (and Pink's too) this morning, and it was musically excellent, esp. Money and Comf. Numb.

The voices however were more feeble, especially Roger's. But heck, the guy's getting old and peaceful, so what more can you get ?

What is funny is that I keep hearing Gilmour sininging "Monday" instead of "Money"

Yes, I was suprised of Roger's mood, as he doesn't seem a very cheerful person to me, more in a grumpy or cynical mood.

Joël

Last edited:

RandomPrecision

First Post
I haven't heard or seen it yet, I've been away from computers for about a week.

Of those who have, what did it sound like? More Gilmourish, or Watersy? Pulse and In the Flesh have pretty dramatically different versions of all four songs, particularly Comfortably Numb.

Last time I saw Gilmour, he wasn't doing that well, or so it appeared, so I doubt it could be very close to Pulse of Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Yeah, and there'll probably be a DVD. That's what I said when Clapton had the Crossroads festival in Texas, and that DVD rocks.

Staffan

Legend
BOZ said:
i've wondered when/if the original Live Aid is ever coming to DVD (or already is?) because i'd want Zeppelin's performance, as well as some others like the Who, Queen, and Chuck Berry.
As I understand it, it's rather unlikely that there'll be a DVD of the original Live Aid, because of rights issues or something like that.

Remove ads