• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pirate/Seafairing Campaign - Players Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
We have a GM :)

Phoenix said:
Ok then, in order to play with two ships, we would need enough DEDICATED players to fill two ships. We'll try for one to start off with ok?

'The Seas of Blood’ is a PbP with a difference. Though the players will be delving though an adventure seeking a defiante resolution, the adventure will be heavily based on the group’s decisions. What does this mean?

I’m looking for four players that can provide a special skill-set for this game. I’m not looking for people that simply respond to the GM whenever he provides a problem, nor simply talks to the other players when an adventure requires a decision. I want four players to play real people.

They must be able to shoot of in tangents, talk politics to each other, and share cake recipes. This game is based more on the players than the story, more on what you do than what I say.

IF you think that you can be a part of this dynamic group, then get a character background posted (be as liberal as you want with your history, but don’t go overboard). Many aspects of the background have been left vague at the moment (I’d like to complete my background based on character histories), and I am keen to post once the players are accepted.

There are only a handful of things to remember:
- Each of the ships (IF there is more than one) will require a set of skilled crew. I don't need shiphands, NPCs will do. Your characters will have very SPECIFIC trained jobs to do on board.
- If you think you'll have committments, even a possibility of one, in the first two weeks of play, don't apply. This is when I'll be starting the story, we'll need EVERYONE on board. If you're not interested in playing, I'm not interested in running.
- The story is more important than statistics, if you want to play a Commoner, go for it (I’ve always been partial to the Accountant myself).
- This is a game of storytelling, though there will be combat involved you will be disappointed if you design your character solely for fighting. Pack a sword though.
- Applicants must be able to post once every 1-2 days, this will be a fast-paced game so if you have holidays or you know you can’t keep up, don’t apply.
- A command of the English language. I'm really not kidding, I'm sick of reading people's posts that are poorly constructed. If you can't put in the effort, neither will I.
- I'll need assistance during start up from one of the players.....
BRONT
.....basically I'll need a decent map with civilized and non-civilized areas that is small enough but large enough....broad enough for you? I don't need a full continent, just a couple of countries and some uninhabited areas would be nice.

The logistics?
8th level characters (no need to worry about who is playing what or if you need a cleric).
35 point statistics buy.
PHB races only, Classes upon approval...NOTE: I HAVE NO BOOKS! I know most of them, but I'm half-way across the world from home, so....be prepared to detail your classes if i require.
60,000 gp starting money (anything from the PHB or DMG only).
Special Note: All characters may only possess a maximum of 4 scrolls, 6 potions and 4 permanent magic items* (all which will of course feature in your background, and the weapons will have names, thanks ;) )

I'm still working of crew logistics too. If someone can copy ship data, travel rules and naval combat onto here for me, that'd be nice. :heh:

Of course, this is assuming that I'm chosen as the DM.... :eek:

[sblock]*If you even think about spending all of your money to the last cent on magic items without taking into consideration other matters, god help me I will spank you. If I need to explain this concept to you, it will be in crayon.
[/sblock]

Need an example of gameplay?

Origional post
[sblock]I've been in a bit of a swashbucklery mood, and I know there was at least one other person out there looking for something on the high seas, so I'm opening this up.

I'm recruiting a GM actualy, as well as potential players.

The Idea - I've been looking to play a Dread Pirate for a while, and was thinking about making one (With the leadership feat to gather crew and such). Other players could be the main crew members, and we could sail the high seas in search of adventure, booty, wenches, fame, and other things that pirates do ;)

Idealy, I'd need a GM willing to run a few players of 8th-10th level D&D character, preferably of a higher point build (30+ preferably) though the game, as well as potential players interested in playing in the adventure on the high seas. We can go any way people want, from light hearted adventure to harsh high seas piracy and looting.

I'm looking for interest, so please post it. Probably goes to the First GM who can flesh out the style a bit, build the guidelines, and he/she'd be in charge of everything else from there. I'm just looking to get this started. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. I know BS just told me he was interested in something like this, so I'd like to keep a spot open for him. We need a GM though.

*blows his summon GM whistle*

*taps foot ijmpatiantly*

Phoenix

First Post
I'd be very interested in playing.....*cringes*....as well as GMing....*sigh*...damn you Bront!

My concepts are thus:

Easy Peasey - The Seas of Blood (ever seen the old Fighting Fantasy novel?). Basically it involves two captains that are the Dreadiest Pirates in the World. A wager is set (Around the World style) where each must prove his worth in a set amount of time, plundering as much loot as possible in a set amount of time to win.

More to come...

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I'd like to play also. I have worked on a pirate setting but I don't think I can run a PBP game with it.

Bront

The man with the probe
Phoenix said:
I'd be very interested in playing.....*cringes*....as well as GMing....*sigh*...damn you Bront!

My concepts are thus:

Easy Peasey - The Seas of Blood (ever seen the old Fighting Fantasy novel?). Basically it involves two captains that are the Dreadiest Pirates in the World. A wager is set (Around the World style) where each must prove his worth in a set amount of time, plundering as much loot as possible in a set amount of time to win.

More to come...
Woho! I hooked him :)

FYI, let me know if you want to start a new thread or just have me keep the top of this one up to date if you end up GMing. :)

Last edited:

Phoenix

First Post
Intermediate Option - A cross between Greek Myth (Ulyessies <?>), Arabian (Sinbad) and Pirates of the Carribean <?>. It's early, I can't spell... Can't say much more, too secret...shhhhh

More to Come...

Sleeping Dragon

First Post
Yarrr mateys, I'd be up for some piratey goodness. Playing, that is.

Not sure about playing at higher levels though - who needs a ship when you can just teleport?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Phoenix said:
Easy Peasey - The Seas of Blood (ever seen the old Fighting Fantasy novel?). Basically it involves two captains that are the Dreadiest Pirates in the World.
Well this would definetely work for me as I would interested in captaining my own ship as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads