Piratecat Comics & MnM presents six issues of Code-4: Reunion (updated 4/06)

Bandeeto

First Post
Standing above them was a fifteen foot tall monstrosity of living green chemical. The stink was incredible. “Chemos!” it burbled, and brought two huge fists of hardened acid down onto the heroes.

Man, I remember Chemo. One of my favorite Metal Men villains. Killed Aquagirl during the Crisis on Infinite Earths and was himself destroyed (briefly) by Negative Woman.

"A professor trying to come up with a chemical formula that would cure disease and otherwise provide a miraculous panacea for humanity had the odd habit of dumping all of his chemical wastes and failed experiment reagents into a giant, man-shaped plastic mold. When the thing finally got filled to the brim, the chemicals somehow (a favourite word in comic book origins) combined to create a basic intelligence - or at least an instinct to create mayhem - and hello, monstrosity."
-http://www.proudrobot.com/hembeck/metalmen.html

Attachments

• chemo.jpg
    chemo.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 155
  • cc_metalmen_014.jpg
    cc_metalmen_014.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 124

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hmmm. Same concept, different details. I don't tend to nab established comic book heroes and villains for my game; too much baggage that goes along with that for my personal taste.

As for Wulf's comment, I'm not sure I'd agree. I personally consider the actual game to be more "final product" than the writeup; the actual game is the point. Considering it any other way seems to me to be a little bass ackwards. I don't game in order to write the story hour, I write story hours because it's a fun adjunct to the gaming that lets other people get a feel for how our games go. The only real advantage of the story hour is that it gives me the leisure to add more stuff like back story. I'm not always perfect on detail (especially when I'm working off of memory and not a tape), but I work towards accuracy.

This was driven home to me when I learned that in a former EN Worlder's story hour, the entire last few writeups were utterly different than what had happened in the actual game. The GM got mad at the players during the game because what they had actually done "wouldn't sound good in the story hour"! That just makes me angry.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Bandeeto said:
Man, I remember Chemo. One of my favorite Metal Men villains. Killed Aquagirl during the Crisis on Infinite Earths and was himself destroyed (briefly) by Negative Woman.

Oh man, I hadn't thought about Metal Men in years! I loved that comic. Hmm, wonder if I can find them again...[wanders off to search in Mom and Dad's attic]

carpedavid

First Post
Piratecat said:
As for Wulf's comment, I'm not sure I'd agree. I personally consider the actual game to be more "final product" than the writeup; the actual game is the point. Considering it any other way seems to me to be a little bass ackwards.

I think that's a good point. If I found that my own story hour, for example, were interfering with prep time for my game, or something else along those lines, I'd have to stop writing it (or switch to a less ambitious schedule).

On the other hand, PC, your writeups are so enjoyable to read, even if you know what's going on, that they are a "product" in and of themselves. I suppose that's the price you pay for being good - we all want to be your consumers :).

This was driven home to me when I learned that in a former EN Worlder's story hour, the entire last few writeups were utterly different than what had happened in the actual game. The GM got mad at the players during the game because what they had actually done "wouldn't sound good in the story hour"! That just makes me angry.

Oy oy oy!

Bandeeto

First Post
Piratecat:
Hmmm. Same concept, different details. I don't tend to nab established comic book heroes and villains for my game; too much baggage that goes along with that for my personal taste.

Sorry about that, wasn't meaning to imply you'd lifted him. It's just that the superstrong greenish toxic being on a rampage with a similar name reminded me of him.

Chemo was one of a select breed in comics, along with Validus and a few others: massive, nearly mindless engines of godzilla-like destruction.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Bandeeto said:
Sorry about that, wasn't meaning to imply you'd lifted him. It's just that the superstrong greenish toxic being on a rampage with a similar name reminded me of him.

No surprise! I think I saw a picture of the original Chemo at some point and lifted the image, although I don't know anything about his backstory. This Chemo is an artificial construct crafted by Agony. Plenty strong, though.

For you MnM fans, he's constructed as an "alternate body - semi-solid" with acid-themed special effects and extras, such as an energy field that does acid damage when someone hits him. I didn't have to spend a lot of points on intelligence. :)

shilsen

Adventurer
Piratecat said:

You know what's really good for when you're angry? Writing more updates and posting them. Really!

Dungannon

First Post
Ahh, I've found a Piratecat SH still in the early stages. I caught up in less than 2 hours and can now subscribe without worrying about being left behind. :)

Blood Jester

First Post
Have to add...

You made the transport of Boulder and Wave look too easy.

You left out the strain of lifting them causing blood to pour from the Sentinal's nose and splatter across Boulders head. :)

Remove ads