Piratecat Comics & MnM presents six issues of Code-4: Reunion (updated 4/06)

ledded

Herder of monkies
Piratecat said:
This is much easier (and faster!) to write. I think there's a couple of reasons for that.

I have to agree with you on pretty much every point, and I took a similar view of it (after the first few pages of writing) that you did. I tried to imagine storyboards, thought/voice bubbles, and comic-panel action on every page.

Having players who really love comics helps too... most of the folks I game with were/are comics readers at some point, and having a chance to bust out some of their repressed comic-geekiness really hit harder than I thought it would when I asked them to play a supers game as our "side campaign". They took to it faster than any new system or genre that we had done previously and really ran with it. "Familiarity of genre" is what I thought of it as, because no matter what I came up with or threw at them, they accepted and ran with, because hey it was like a comic book. Playing it reminded me of why I used to read comics.

I can't wait to read yours and the other MnM story hours; I haven't read them yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

There are some pretty good ones here and there (Broccoli_Head has a good MnM one, and Heapthaumaturgist started a really fun one); mine may be hard to find since I havent updated it in a while... though since there aren't many WWII-Superhero themed story hours out there it wont be hard to recognize if you trip across it :).

Very cool website Blackjack! Nice work.

Aravis said:
Why stop there? Become a MULTI-millionaire and you can pay all of
us to play all the time so he has something to write about. ;)

-- Aravis

Bah, do you know how long the list of potential players for a PC-run game would be if he went full-time DM'ing?

All that Rat-Bastardliness, I don't know if meere mortals could stand it! I know I'd like to try though ;)

I know that I'd thought of this long ago as a potential 'investment' if I ever won the Lottery. Right after "Move to Boston and become a full-time gamer, preferably at PC's table." I'm not hard to please, just expensive.

Hatchling Dragon

PS: so much for having drifted away from reading Story Hours...

mofos21

First Post
Piratecat said:
More updates - for this and the D&D story hour - this weekend!

This weekend's almost over and no update yet. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ;)

Superb writing, PC. I can envision it as if I'm reading actual comic panels. Can't wait for the next chapter - keep up the good work.

Remove ads