• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pitch me a characer build

Kmart Kommando

First Post
That is not the only reason. For example, compare a 10th-level Psion against a 10th-level Warmage. Without ability modifier, a Psion has only 88 pp. That is only enough to shoot eight 10d6 area attacks. On the other hand, a Warmage has 6 3rd-level slots, 5 4th-level slots, & 3 5th-level slots. And he can use all of those 14 slots to shoot some 10d6 attack spells. There are damage caps for each spells (Like 10d maximum for Fireball), but in overall, a warmage can use all of his highest to 1-2 levels lower slots for causing "level d6" damages. And there are spells like Everd's Black Tentacles, for which almost only the caster level matters. So in regard to the number of "top tier" attacks per day, Warmages and Sorcerers tend to trample Psions.
then there's the +1 per die of certain energy types, +2-4d6 per shot of single target powers from (greater) psionic shot. empower power is only like 2pp. and the scaling save DCs built into many powers that doesn't factor into fireball with all those 4th and 5th level slots. it's all rock, paper, psions.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Blarg, there is so much there that isn't core, could you please list which book the different stuff comes from?
I edited in the sourcebooks into that post.

But I don't know where the gloryborn feature is found, nor a "ripper" weapon.
Gloryborn is an item template from DMG2. On a weapon it gives +1 damage when charging, and on armor or shields it gives a +1 untyped AC bonus when charging.

Ripper is in Planar Handbook - it's basically piercing's answer to the greatsword. Two-handed martial weapon, 2d6 damage, 19-20 crit.
-blarg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads