Pittsburgh, PA Roll Call

Aquastav

First Post
Basically, I'm looking for d20 players/gamemasters in the 'Burgh who are looking to form a regular group to game every other week (or so). Any takers out there?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well don't know about the BURGH but I'm close by...Morgantown WV...Unfortunately no available transportation at the moment so I'm afraid you're out of luck for now.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Aquastav said:
Basically, I'm looking for d20 players/gamemasters in the 'Burgh who are looking to form a regular group to game every other week (or so). Any takers out there?

My wife and I are in the North Hills area - depending on schedule, time, play style, personality mix, and all that sort of thing it could be a possibility.

Hm, OK, you posted to my previous thread, so you probably know Dr. Zoom is in the general area as well. Plus my other Freeport player (Di'Fier).

Maybe we should have a Western PA Game Day, like they did up in Boston? We all get together, hang out, someone runs a one-shot, no pressure and no hard feelings if the play styles or personalities don't mix.

What do you guys think?

J

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Count me in.

I begin a new job tomorrow at Station Square, so I will be in town much more often. I may even move closer to the city. Let's do it.

drnuncheon

Explorer
So, has anyone organized one of these before? I know I haven't. ;)

I guess we need:

1) A date
2) A place to play
3) A game, and
4) a GM who wants to do a one-shot (maybe with a backup GM just in case)

I could ask Phil down at Game Masters what it takes to get his back room - I stop in there once a week. He's on Babcock, right off of McKnight Road, so it should be reasonably convenient for everyone. (I think - Aqua, where are you at?)

As for the game, besides d20 (D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Dragonstar, and Star Wars), I have access to a bookshelf full of other stuff - HERO, GURPS, Feng Shui, Warhammer FRP, most of the White Wolf stuff, Shadowrun 3e, CP2020, Big Eyes Small Mouth, TFOS...it would probably be a good idea to pick something that we're all at least reasonably familiar with (or something that can be picked up quickly) - any other ideas?

J

Dr. Zoom

First Post
*Bump*

You guys still interested in getting together? Drnuncheon, did Phil at the gamestore say anything about his back room?

drnuncheon

Explorer
Dr. Zoom said:
*Bump*

You guys still interested in getting together? Drnuncheon, did Phil at the gamestore say anything about his back room?

Doh. It might have helped if I actually asked...

Must remember to do that this week's trip. I'll put a note on my calendar.

Dr. Z, do you work normal business hours? I work for Mellon downtown so we might be able to get together for lunch one day - it should be a short T ride either way.

J

Last edited:

Aquastav

First Post
Sorry guys, I haven't been on-line in a while.
McKnight Road is easy for me, i'm in Coraopolis.
I also work downtown with the Court, so that area is easy.
As for games I'm familiar with too many to list frankly, so I'm open there too!

Dr. Zoom

First Post
My job in the city did not work out for me, but I am still interested in getting together with "yins" for some gaming. I will drive anywhere in the area. Coraopolis is only about 30 minutes from my place, and about 60 to Glenshaw.

Remove ads