• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Place to ask questions about BoVD

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Bone - essentially a smart skeleton...

Corpse - a smart zombie...

These two templates are, in fact, essentially identical to the variant skeleton and zombie templates from the WotC web site, with the exception that they retain their intelligence and special abilities.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Dr_Rictus said:

These two templates are, in fact, essentially identical to the variant skeleton and zombie templates from the WotC web site, with the exception that they retain their intelligence and special abilities.
What about hit dice (apart from them becoming d12s, that is)?

maddman75

First Post
ALright, this thread has moved the BoVD to the top of my must buy list. I'm running a new Ravenloft game, and there just looks like so much horrific goodness in here!

Hi Serge mate! :)

The Serge said:
So... the Disciple of Mephistopheles is all fire-based? So, what's happened to Cania? Is is no longer a place of ice and cold and is Mephisto no longer interested in cold?

I thought something strange was going on when I read in the Manual of the Planes that Mephistopheles had 'hell-red' skin!?

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Darkness said:
What about hit dice (apart from them becoming d12s, that is)?

They keep those, too. That is, they don't lose HD that are based on class levels the way the skeleton and zombie templates do.

The Serge

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hi Serge mate! :)
Hey, Upper_Krust!

Upper_Krust said:
I thought something strange was going on when I read in the Manual of the Planes that Mephistopheles had 'hell-red' skin!?
I noticed that too, but figured it to be just a cosmetic thing... Fire was always the premise of Fierana, and I thought Belial as well. Oh well.

Anyway, did you notice that there didn't seem to be a Disciple of Belial or Fierana?

Upper_Krust said:
I'm curious if the book has any information on the respective realms the Archdevils and Demon Princes inhabit?
Well, I don't know about that, although I did read on montecook.com that some of the legends associated with Asmodeus are not necessarily gone (the fallen god thing). So, I think that the information on the actual layers are going to be largely based upon the material in Manual of the Planes.

DaveNX01

First Post
Corrupt Summons?

I see a listing for the spell Corrupt Summons, under Demonoligst Prestige Class Page 56, and 4th Level Sorcer/Wizard Spell list page 83,

But I can't find it on Page 89 betwen Consume Likeness and Cruel Dissappointment.

Did the Corrupt Summons and the Bard Spell Corrupt Weapon, get pulled from the book, or an accidental omition from the book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads