• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Place yer bets: how will the world end on Friday?

How will the world end on the 21st?

• Meteor Strike!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Nuclear War!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ebola Outbreak!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Alien Invasion!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Massive Solar Event!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Gamma Ray Burst!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Zombie Apocalypse!

Votes: 10 43.5%

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I chose Massive Solar event, but I thought it meant that a giant solar would descend from Mount Celestia and smite the world. Heh.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Stupidity is another options - I mean saw in the news the other day where kids were playing in the White House and got too near the red phone. I see a picture of Putin on the phone and a kid saying poopy face, next missles away!

Janx

Hero
I'm going to say the virtual reality we currently live in gets disrupted when a loose bunny chews on an electrical cord.

That actually sounds like a reasonable proof on why we AREN'T in a simulation. The probability that something doesn't go wrong and cause outages or glitches that are noticeable.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That actually sounds like a reasonable proof on why we AREN'T in a simulation. The probability that something doesn't go wrong and cause outages or glitches that are noticeable.

Um, dude? What world do you live on that doesn't have outages and glitches? I mean, yeah, the distant stars don't wink out en masse, or anything. But any time you can't find your keys it's a 404 error!

Janx

Hero
Um, dude? What world do you live on that doesn't have outages and glitches? I mean, yeah, the distant stars don't wink out en masse, or anything. But any time you can't find your keys it's a 404 error!

I always hang my keys on the hook by the door. Solves that problem.

Though I am missing the TV remote....

It's possible that lost items are due to server crashes, that seems pretty localalized to small data that is easily explanable within the simulation. the elves took them. Later, when you find them where you looked before, it's because they put them back.

I was thinking the world will end as in the Mayan doctors and programmers will become bored with us and unplug us from their super computer and we will have to do with the REAL world- not this one. (think Matrix only better)

Remove ads