Planar game

Legolizard

First Post
Until everyone can get their characters up, i want to do a practice battle. I have never played like this or gmed like this. So the battle will be simple, a 80 foot circle arena, picture something like the roman collusuim. I'll let you roll your own dice because I feel I can trust you guys. But please don't break that trust.
shortcut to characters http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109931

What I want Out of you guys is simple.

Name and levels (race and class):
AC:
HP:

Saves:
Fort:
Ref:
Will:

Active abilities currently in effect:

Last edited:

Legolizard

First Post
The crowd roars as the fighters enter the arena. There is a soft rain of flower petals as you enter the 80 by 80 foot circle arena.

On the opposite end of the arena stand a heavily armored, gaunt giant with pointed ears and dark gray skin. It's hands end in long dull yellow claws and it snarl show sharp fangs. It is surrounded by a thin fog of swirling vapor, and if you watch carefully, you see the clouds form into tormented faces that scream in terror and pain.

Initiative?

Patlin

Explorer
Toramir

Name and levels (race and class): Toramir the Elan Cerebremancer 3/3/6
AC: 29
HP: 80

Saves:
Fort: 13
Ref: 11
Will: 15

Active abilities currently in effect: Inertial Armor (13 pp) 14 hours; Shield 9 minutes; Mirror Image 9 minutes (5 images plus the original). Psionically focused.

Note: I assume if I'm in an arena, I knew I was walking into one, which is why I put the medium duration shield & mirror image spells up. The really short stuff (such as schism) I'll leave until the heat of battle.

Patlin

Explorer
Toramir's Initiative

"Here we go! Be ready!"

Initiative: 5

ooc: Better to get the fumble out of the way on initiative, I suppose!

Can I get a Knowledge check on what that thing is, and maybe some of its strengths or weaknesses? Toramir has most of the knowledge skills.

Legolizard

First Post
make a knowledge history check

and if everyone can use that thing that patlin is using it would make things alot easier to track.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Toramir, the Scholarly!

Legolizard said:
make a knowledge history check

Edit: By the way, I hadn't noticed this myself, interesting quote:

SRD said:
In many cases, you can use this skill to identify monsters and their special powers or vulnerabilities. In general, the DC of such a check equals 10 + the monster’s HD. A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you recall another piece of useful information.

That'd make the DC unfortunately high, I fear...

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tol Caspian, wildren fighter 12:
AC: 32 (+0 Dex, +13 armor, +4 shield, +2 deflection, +2 natural, +1 insight)
HP: 109

Saves
Fort: 12
Ref: 5
Will: 10

Active abilities currently in effect: Scent (inherant racial trait, always active)

Initiative: 20.
Skill checks to Figure Out What That Is and What It's Doing: Knowledge (arcana) 28, Knowledge (the planes) 23.

~~~~~~

*Tol raises his repeating crossbow with one hand, wanting to weaken the creature with ranged attacks before taking on such a large foe in melee combat.*

"Attack it from afar, weaken it first!" Tol calls out, his tones ringing with authority.

*With that he lanches an arrow at the strange giant.*

OOC - He hits a 19, dealing 5 points of damage if it penetrates.

Last edited:

Legolizard

First Post
using the way you showed, none of you even have the slightest idea on what it is.

I'll wait for more people to come before i tell you any more because, you need at least three more people to take this thing down.

Remove ads