• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planar Heroes; CALLING FERRIX (accepting alternates)

Pyrex

First Post
So, since you're after Quickloading instead of just taking Rapid Reload, I assume you're going for the one-in-each-hand approach? :)

G

Guest 11456

Lobo Lurker said:
Gwydion
HP 36+(6x3=18)=54+5=59+36=95

HD: 8d12 + 1d10 + 36

That is first 3 at full: 3x12=36

Rest at half: 5x6=30+5=35

Total: 36+35+36=107

Correct?

Lobo Lurker

First Post
IcyCool said:
Lobo, I'd like to throw in as an alt on this one, with a Half-Celestial Elf Rogue 11. I should have the character worked up by monday.

Quick question, will you allow the Quickloading magic weapon ability from the Arms and Equipment guide? It's a +2 ability, and gives the weapon an extra-dimensional storage space for up to 100 bolts, and changes the reload time from move action to free action for a hand crossbow (which is what I'll be putting it on). Reloading still provokes an attack of opportunity.
Or, you know, you might take the Rapid Reload feat...

IcyCool

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
Or, you know, you might take the Rapid Reload feat...

I'd prefer the rapid reload feat, if you're happy with it working while wielding a hand-crossbow in each hand. That way I can make them +1 Holy hand crossbows instead of +1 quickloading.... :)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
IcyCool said:
I'd prefer the rapid reload feat, if you're happy with it working while wielding a hand-crossbow in each hand. That way I can make them +1 Holy hand crossbows instead of +1 quickloading.... :)
In that case, by RAW I'd interpret that feat to allow you to fire ONE crossbow with your full number of attacks, +1 attack with the other crossbow. Still, handcrossbows aren't all that powerful... and, mechanically, crossbows suck compared to longbows.

I'll think about it and decide on Monday.

IcyCool

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
In that case, by RAW I'd interpret that feat to allow you to fire ONE crossbow with your full number of attacks, +1 attack with the other crossbow. Still, handcrossbows aren't all that powerful... and, mechanically, crossbows suck compared to longbows.

I'll think about it and decide on Monday.

Well, you should consider the whole package. Rogue 11, ring of blinking, two-weapon fighting, and a full complement of attacks from dual-wielded hand crossbows. 4 (1d4 + 6d6 damage) sneak attacks, unless the foe can see ethereal and invisible. Or are immune to sneak attack. If you let the full complement of attacks go through with the feat instead of the enchantment, the damage changes to 1d4 + 6d6 + 2d6 (holy). At least, that's what I'm shooting for. :)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
I don't have a problem with that IcyCool. The high ECL & medium BAB with both conspire to keep your twinkage in check vs. some enemies. Others will merely be cannon fodder but hey, chewing through hordes of orcs can be fun too, right? ;)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Approved Ferrix (shooting for all those unnamed compulsion bonuses eh?).

Tailspinner, an AE feat that might interest you. [SBLOCK]
Hands as Weapons
After a ritual in which participants sear your hands with scalding water, your body can hold special magical abilities.
Prerequisite: Truename (eh, just assume you have one)
Benefit: A character with this feat can add--or have someone else add--an enhancement bonus or a weapon special ability (such as flaming or disruption) to her unarmed attacks. She must add the bonus or abilities normally, such as by enlisting the aid of someone with the Craft Magic Arms & Armor feat, who pays the gold & XP costs, and so on. Like weapons, these bonuses and abilities can be suppressed, but not permanantly dispelled.
Obviously, some weapon special abilities, such as dancing, cannot be applied to your unarmed attacks.
This feat can be used to modify unarmed attacks with natural weapons such as claws or a bite attack. Characters with more than one unarmed or natural attack need not take this feat multiple times.​
[/SBLOCK]

That's everyone, I think. I'll try to get the first game post up post-haste.

IcyCool

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
I don't have a problem with that IcyCool. The high ECL & medium BAB with both conspire to keep your twinkage in check vs. some enemies. Others will merely be cannon fodder but hey, chewing through hordes of orcs can be fun too, right? ;)

So is that a yes the Rapid Reload will work with crossbows akimbo for no reduction in the number of attacks? I'll finish him up and post him here, and if you get an opening, let me know. :)

Pyrex

First Post
IcyCool said:
Well, you should consider the whole package. Rogue 11, ring of blinking, two-weapon fighting, and a full complement of attacks from dual-wielded hand crossbows. 4 (1d4 + 6d6 damage) sneak attacks, unless the foe can see ethereal and invisible. Or are immune to sneak attack. If you let the full complement of attacks go through with the feat instead of the enchantment, the damage changes to 1d4 + 6d6 + 2d6 (holy). At least, that's what I'm shooting for. :)

Keep the following in mind: You have to spend a Standard Action to activate the ring every few rounds and you suffer your own 20% miss chance when blinking.

Remove ads