• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planar Heroes; CALLING FERRIX (accepting alternates)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Voadam said:
But on the bright side your location tag says costa rica. :)
Yeah, it does... but I'm not on vacation. :) It's the rainy season, and I actually prefer ice & snow to sun & sand... and earthquakes... and floods... 112 active volcanoes will do that for you. ;)

On the other hand, I love latin women and this certainly is the place to see them. :)

...back to your regularly scheduled thread.

IcyCool

First Post
Pyrex said:
Keep the following in mind: You have to spend a Standard Action to activate the ring every few rounds and you suffer your own 20% miss chance when blinking.

Yep. However, the miss chance isn't from concealment, so you can still sneak attack (to my understanding). It's not totally uber, but it isn't too shabby either. I like the imagery of quickdrawing a pair of hand crossbows at the start of hostilities and laying down a pattern of bolt fire. I am building this individual as a "negotiator" of sorts, but if things go bad, he can put some hurt on. :)

I've got the pair of holy shortswords for really close up work anyway. :D

Pyrex

First Post
Yeah, you can still sneak attack, it's the standard action every few rounds to keep the Blink going that caused the most irritation among players in my group. :)

IcyCool

First Post
Pyrex said:
Yeah, you can still sneak attack, it's the standard action every few rounds to keep the Blink going that caused the most irritation among players in my group. :)

Did you have long fights? The ring has a caster level of 7, right? If I have to activate it more than twice (i.e., the fight goes longer than 14 rounds), I think I'll have many other things to worry about. :D

G

Guest 11456

Lobo Lurker said:
Tailspinner, an AE feat that might interest you. [SBLOCK]
Hands as Weapons
After a ritual in which participants sear your hands with scalding water, your body can hold special magical abilities.
Prerequisite: Truename (eh, just assume you have one)
Benefit: A character with this feat can add--or have someone else add--an enhancement bonus or a weapon special ability (such as flaming or disruption) to her unarmed attacks. She must add the bonus or abilities normally, such as by enlisting the aid of someone with the Craft Magic Arms & Armor feat, who pays the gold & XP costs, and so on. Like weapons, these bonuses and abilities can be suppressed, but not permanantly dispelled.
Obviously, some weapon special abilities, such as dancing, cannot be applied to your unarmed attacks.
This feat can be used to modify unarmed attacks with natural weapons such as claws or a bite attack. Characters with more than one unarmed or natural attack need not take this feat multiple times.​
[/SBLOCK]

If I took this one, how would I go about adding things to my unarmed attacks? Buy them for their normal market price? Also, would it be added to both in the case of claws or wings, or would I need to add it separately to each?

IcyCool

First Post
Pyrex said:
It's listed at CL7 but costed at CL5.

I'll let you (and/or Lobo) figure out which value is wrong...

I'd never noticed that before. So, 5 rounds it is. Still, I think it's worth it. :)

Pyrex

First Post
Tailspinner said:
If I took this one, how would I go about adding things to my unarmed attacks? Buy them for their normal market price? Also, would it be added to both in the case of claws or wings, or would I need to add it separately to each?

I don't have the book, but my understanding is that it's per weapon/attack, not by type.

So a dragon with
Claw/Claw/Bite/Wing/Wing/Tail would need to pay the market price of 12,000gp to make all 6 attacks +1.

Alternatively, if you had Craft Arms & Armor, you could 'craft' them yourself at 6,000gp and 480xp.

Last edited:

Remove ads