Planes to Shape, Secrets to Keep... (Dromus)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I say we just give it a go. I think this little do-dad is more than able to keep itself quiet, and I think we need to get going," Narine says with a firm nod to the others.

Zerth

First Post
"Sorry. I know nothing about the badge," Illira says after giving it some thought. "It bears an arcane mark, but it's not magical itself."
"Do not touch the dagger," she warns Cagthail. "I can sense a disturbing aura around it, which reeks of evil. I'm not sure, how powerful it is, but it's better to be careful."

Illira said nothing, when Narine urged them forward. She didn't trust the woman, because she knew Narine did something back at the Sheets she wasn't sharing with the rest of the party. Illira remembered the Voice warning her about that. It had been quiet for some time now, so it might be safe to move on despite her fears. Plagued by doubt she'd let the others decide.

Jolmo

First Post
Cagthail replies to Illira with a half-hearted grin, "I couldn't help touching the knife when I searched him, and ... well, it ... burned my mind along with the hand it seemed. But whatever it did, it started fading soon after I let go of it," Cagthail looks at his hand, flexing his fingers, "not much of a mark left now."

Talking to everyone again he contiues, ""Well, we need to do something about Ilmordan before going. We can't just set him free and I doubt we'd even want to bring him through the gate. Do you think we could get the guards to take him? I guess they have magic to find his crimes."

Looking back to consider Ilmordan, Cagthail gives voice to an earlier thought, "don't any of you have some magic to see through his cloak? He might well have something more on him that I couldn't find, and I'd really like a look at his face as well."

Kelleris

Explorer
OOC - Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft, Knowledge (local), Search, Perception, Sense Motive, Knowledge (nobility and royalty), and various spells could all be useful at this juncture. I'd roll them myself, but I'm on dial-up at the moment (staying at my grandmother's) and don't have a link to the Rogue's Gallery thread.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Feiran takes the time to examine things for herself.

DM-[sblock]For the dagger: knowledge(arcana):10

For the cloak: Knowledge(arcana): 19
Spellcraft: 20

For the gate complex: Knowledge(arcana): 11
Spellcraft:23
Knowledge(technology): 18
Knowledge(planes): 15

For the badge: Knowledge(nobility and royalty): 23[/sblock]

There might be runes or symbols on the blade.

Feiran attempts to remove the blade with her hand that is equipped with the gauntlet.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Feiran recoils just as Cagthail did upon touching the dagger, surprised by a sudden vertiginous pain. The cold iron gauntlet apparently made no difference.

[sblock]When you grasp the dagger, you get a sudden feeling of nauseous weightlessness, along with a vertiginous shift of perspective that twists your surroundings into menacing shadows. The cold burn in your hand snaps you out of it, and the vomit-inducing sensation fades after a moment, leaving a ringing in your ears. Do you want to continue to try to draw the weapon? [/sblock]

[sblock] The cloak, judging from its habit of waving gently in a non-existent breeze and occasionally curling up to snap at you in a disconcerting manner, is either some manner of illusion or a magical item you've never encountered before. Judging from its reaction to your antimagic field, it's probably psionic or naturally resistant to magical scrambling. [/sblock]

[sblock] The badge, on the other hand, you vaguely recognize. It's in the colors of the Guard, anyway, and the sigil looks familiar. It's not the actual badge of office for any ranks you've heard of. Perhaps a regimental emblem or commendation or obscure badge of office. [/sblock]

Mad Hatter

First Post
This is unreal! What else can I do?

After Feiran realizes that she can no more touch the dagger without the sick feeling of nausea, she begins to scratch her eyebrow, an obvious display of a nervous habit. Feiran stops scratching her eyebrow and begins looking through her things. She pulls out an artisan's tool kit and finds her tongs.

This should do.

Feiran uses the tongs to try to draw the dagger.

[sblock]Dex check to use the tongs to draw the dagger: 15[/sblock]

Kelleris

Explorer
Feiran carefully eases the dagger from its sheath, ever so slowly revealing a bone-white blade covered in surprisingly deep channels that form symbols of magical power. All of you with some knowledge of religious paraphernalia recognize the symbols as those belonging to various evil Proxies. The dagger is obviously dedicated to these beings and their power in some way.

Remove ads